Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

View Poll Results: What is YOUR opinion of President Trump?
I think he's doing a great job, I support him 100%. 43 22.51%
I think he's doing a good job and I support most, but not all, of what he's doing. 42 21.99%
I think it's too early to judge how he's doing, I support some of his policies but not others. 26 13.61%
I think he's doing a fair job at best, but there are a couple of his actions I do agree with. 12 6.28%
I think he'd doing a terrible job, he's not my president. 53 27.75%
Other. 15 7.85%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Mar 21, '17, 8:18 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Jewish
Default Re: What's YOUR opinion on President Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben J View Post
Perhaps as to show his unhappiness when Obama undiplomatically said that President-elect Trump was unqualified to be President. There can be retribution for something that we say.
What kind of person, though, would inflict retribution of this sort? Better still, what kind of POTUS would say something like this? Surely not a qualified POTUS.
Old Mar 21, '17, 8:30 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltzerboy View Post
What kind of person, though, would inflict retribution of this sort? Better still, what kind of POTUS would say something like this? Surely not a qualified POTUS.
hehe

Seem to be a kind of game at their level, which may disgust us. However, it may make them either qualified or unqualified, depend on how you look at it, but I think neither is really innocence at having a go at each other. I would say Obama cast the first jibe and I thought it was thoroughly unpresidential.

Lord, by your cross and resurrection
you have set us free.
You are the Savior of the world.

Life begins at conception not implantation.
Old Mar 21, '17, 8:53 pm

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewton View Post
I have a hard time understanding your use of the word "vitriol" or "opinion". Do you think your post is vitriol as well?

The way I see it, my opinion, anything that would get you canned for falsifying a resume or a time sheet is not opinion. For example, if I worked six hours and put 20 hours on my time sheet (as you mentioned President Trump works), I think that might not fly as my opinion, even though some days six hours seem like twenty. Likewise, if I listed an IQ of 200, because I feel like I have that IQ, an employer might not see that as a legitimate exercise of opinion.
Hummm…don't tell me that there is a chart somewhere listing conservatives to have higher IQ's than their liberal counter parts? I see a pattern here…

Think about some of the statements that have been posted; at 70 years old he is "working" twenty hour days on a mere four hours of sleep a night? Not likely…

He is also one of the worse speakers; the examples are too numerous to mention. However, he just seems generate new stupid comments every day! Some examples that we have all heard; asking for prayer for Arnold Schwarzenegger in regards to television ratings and saying "hell" in a colloquial manner that most of us would have the sense to refrain when speaking to a Prayer Breakfast Gathering.

Let's not embellish reality; if he is well read…he seems to convincingly hide it. His inability to admit a wrong or acknowledge when caught in a lie?

I am speaking as someone that voted for the guy. I am hoping that despite the pasquinade remarks that he so habitually makes, that he can turn it around and create a positive legacy.
Old Mar 21, '17, 10:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo2014 View Post
Hummm…don't tell me that there is a chart somewhere listing conservatives to have higher IQ's than their liberal counter parts? I see a pattern here…

Think about some of the statements that have been posted; at 70 years old he is "working" twenty hour days on a mere four hours of sleep a night? Not likely…

He is also one of the worse speakers; the examples are too numerous to mention. However, he just seems generate new stupid comments every day! Some examples that we have all heard; asking for prayer for Arnold Schwarzenegger in regards to television ratings and saying "hell" in a colloquial manner that most of us would have the sense to refrain when speaking to a Prayer Breakfast Gathering.

Let's not embellish reality; if he is well read…he seems to convincingly hide it. His inability to admit a wrong or acknowledge when caught in a lie?

I am speaking as someone that voted for the guy. I am hoping that despite the pasquinade remarks that he so habitually makes, that he can turn it around and create a positive legacy.
Which mean to say a President being a politician and public figure is game for bashing.

I have said in one of my posts, all that is being commented, are just subjective perception, a phrase I personally coined, which mean to say the opinions given by most posters are just that - personal, which are mostly influenced by personal likes or dislikes, which case it may be and depends on one's political leaning.

You must realize that in subjective perception, there is just about anything that can be reasoned and justified. Some things are not what they seem to be what they are and some are spoken from a personal outlook. Of course, they are not for logical scrutiny because one cannot prove a perception. So there we are.

Btw, what’s wrong with asking for prayers? Many times we ask for prayers for something for much less. It does not have to be big and serious things all the times, does it? And what’s wrong to lighten up the moment? It is not often that people get to meet the President of the US. We tend to see things under the microscope and forget that these are just people.

For a seventy year old, I should say he is a pretty active and agile person in doing all the things he has done, giving speeches here and there, sometimes with little time to spare, and meeting people. One wonders where he gets all the energy. And yet, someone would just jeer at this, saying something negative about it.

And if he can do that at that age, it would be reasonable to assume that he could do all the many things he purported to do in his life. And that would not be too far-fetched considering where he is now.

Lord, by your cross and resurrection
you have set us free.
You are the Savior of the world.

Life begins at conception not implantation.
Old Mar 22, '17, 12:38 am
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig_Saw View Post
It's simple.

Republicans can't govern. They can only demonize the Democrats. So, now that the Republicans are running the government, they need to demonize the Democrats to distract from the fact that they are doing a bang-up, first-rate job of exposing that they can't run the government.
First of all, Trump isn't "the republicans". And his "demonizing" is limited to 140 characters at time an occasional quip at a rally.

Secondly, the Democrats and their allies have violently assaulted Trump supporters in many cases and are trying to undermine the president, possibly in some cases to the point of committing treason.
Old Mar 22, '17, 1:01 am
Forum Elder
Book Club Member

Quote:
Secondly, the Democrats and their allies have violently assaulted Trump supporters in many cases and are trying to undermine the president, possibly in some cases to the point of committing treason.
How exactly are Democrats or liberals levying war against the United States, or adhering to its enemies? (Definition of treason)

ICXC NIKA
Old Mar 22, '17, 2:32 am

Religion: Cradle Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEddie View Post
How exactly are Democrats or liberals levying war against the United States, or adhering to its enemies? (Definition of treason)

ICXC NIKA
Private, Unsecured, Email Server with classified documents for one! Ring a bell?
Old Mar 22, '17, 4:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael68 View Post
Private, Unsecured, Email Server with classified documents for one! Ring a bell?
Glad to see you didn't storm off.

Anyway, that's not treason. It's leakage, certainly. It's careless and dumb. But not every crime is treason. Treason is a very high legal bar.
Old Mar 22, '17, 5:13 am
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo2014 View Post

Trump is from Noo Yawk.

He talks JUST LIKE Jackie Mason!

Another conservative ... two rarities in Noo Yawk.

Just like Jackie Mason.

And repeats himself for emphasis.

Ya know!?!

Skips the redundant articles and introductions.

And says he loves everyone.

Unlike pocohontas who claims to be nasty.

He says he loves everyone.

Who knew that Wisconsin loves Jackie Mason.

Ya know!!?!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News