Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 19, '17, 12:28 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: debate with a Protestant what is the gospel of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhargus View Post
Our Lord said, ďno man can come unto me, Except given him of My FatherĒ. It is the Spirit that quickeneth us, the flesh profits nothing. The carnal mind cannot see. Our Lord said [Jn6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.]

How do we see the Son? by faith taking him at his literal Word. We recognize him in the breaking of bread, as those on the road to Emmaus, by the Spirit of God. It is the Spirit who reveals divine truths they are not discerned by the carnal mind. Christís flesh profits eternal life.

Jn 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.] First the crowd, then many of His disciples followed him no more. After the so called symbolic verse, Jn6:63. Christ then turns to the twelve apostles.

Jn6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?] Our Lord was not willing to water down his literal statement for anyone, not the crowd, not his disciples and not even the twelve apostles. Not even if he had to ascend back to heaven, [Jn6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, doth this offend you? 62 What and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?].

[Jn6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.] Peter has taken it as a literal hard saying, not knowing how Christ's flesh is food indeed and his blood drink indeed. Yet Peter accepted believing and trusting in whom Christ revealed himself to be.]

[Jn6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.] The early Church Fathers saw this as the time Judas, no longer walked with Christ.]

[1Cor11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.]

One canít be guilty of the body and blood of Christ eating and drinking bread and wine. Paul gives two ways to discern. It is the body and blood or it is not. Paul says those who eat and drink unworthily do Not discern the Lordís body but eats and drinks damnation.

The people of Christ's day were also outraged, when Christ claimed to be equal to God, Jn10:33. For them believing, God became flesh, was as impossible as some find believing he is really present under appearance of bread and wine. Scripture Explicitly says [Jn6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.]
Hi, J!

...again, excellent post!

Maran atha!

Angel

Old Jul 20, '17, 11:01 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: debate with a Protestant what is the gospel of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrichton View Post
Hi, J!

...again, excellent post!

Maran atha!

Angel

Thanks Jcrichton
Tiber swim team 73. Jn14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. (Christ) Lk1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: (Mary) for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. The Ultimate truth is CHRIST who is TRUTH.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics