Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 19, '17, 11:26 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Protestant
Default Markings/scars on my body and images on photos

Hi all. My name is Toni, I have a question about something that has been pressing on my mind for a while. I have scars on my arms from poison oak. They have formed the shape of three perfect crosses on my left wrist. This may sound silly to some, but it bothers me. I have also had issues with strange shadows, lights, reflections in photographs over my head or face. This has been from the time I was young and I am now 35. I don't know what they mean. They bother me immensely and I don't feel like these signs are good. I am open to any suggestions as to what they might mean, and what to do about it. Certain prayers? Holy water? Wearing a cross?
Old May 19, '17, 11:55 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Markings/scars on my body and images on photos

Welcome to CAF!

I don't remember, nor care to look up the rules on this site about pictures, but I can't say I'm not curious to see the effect of the oak.

Though you're not Catholic, you might consider a walk in to the local Catholic Church, see if you can speak to a priest.

The worst thing that could happen is you have an interesting conversation that would surely end with the priest praying for you.

Perhaps you leave with some information that may help.

For quick to-do's, you can scan the prayer intentions section for prayers to say, or google the St. Michael Prayer, or Guardian Angel Prayer.

St. Michael and your Guardian Angel are strong allies.

False love has many sources.

Seek the true source, and you will find the true love.

Dad 6-19-1941 : 7-19-2015
Old May 19, '17, 1:28 pm
Veteran Member
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic/OFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB1982 View Post
Hi all. My name is Toni, I have a question about something that has been pressing on my mind for a while. I have scars on my arms from poison oak. They have formed the shape of three perfect crosses on my left wrist. This may sound silly to some, but it bothers me. I have also had issues with strange shadows, lights, reflections in photographs over my head or face. This has been from the time I was young and I am now 35. I don't know what they mean. They bother me immensely and I don't feel like these signs are good. I am open to any suggestions as to what they might mean, and what to do about it. Certain prayers? Holy water? Wearing a cross?
Welcome to CAF Toni.
Be at home.
As ffg has said you may want your speak with a Priest.
I'll be praying for your intentions.
God bless.
Old May 19, '17, 2:22 pm

Fear not, I cannot explain the marks but much like the saying "I will never fear my father's sword" don't ever fear the cross. The cross is of Jesus, Satan can't use it...
Old May 19, '17, 2:22 pm

If I remember correctly, lights, shadows and such around the head and face are referred to as auras. They are something like the electrical currents that our bodies give off and were discovered through Krillian (sp.) photography. As everyone seems to have them to some degree or another, they seem to be "natural." So don't worry over "body electric" because most people can not see them and can only be detected with special cameras. It is very rare that they can be seen without a special camera. We are like little generators.

As for the scars I have no opinion, but do speak to a priest. He will put you at ease. Peace
Old May 19, '17, 2:56 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB1982 View Post
Yo say you are Protestant in your profile. Have you ever spoken to a pastor about your concerns? If so, what did they say? If not, why not? Are you drawn to Catholicism at all? What made you decide to post this question on a Catholic forum? Are you looking to use Catholic sacramentals superstitiously, without understanding the meaning behind them? I'm just throwing these questions out there...
Old May 19, '17, 7:42 pm
Trial Membership

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I am in fact Protestant, but am very familiar with Catholicism as half my family is catholic and I was raised around both. I had lunch with a Catholic friend today and they suggested I look up a forum such as this if it bothered me so much. I was very comforted by all of your words, especially the ones referring to not fearing the cross. I have tried to figure out how to post photos on here, to no avail. I will probably end up going to a priest just to get it off my chest so I can stop thinking about it.
Old May 19, '17, 7:52 pm
Trial Membership

http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/To...44x6a.jpg.html

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology