Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 21, '17, 12:51 am

Religion: Catholic
Default RT: UN doesn’t send experts to Idlib 'chemical incident' site as West & US are blocking it - Assad

The Syrian government has asked the UN to send experts to investigate the alleged chemical attack in Idlib province, but the request remains unanswered due to pressure from US and other Western countries, Syrian president Bashar Assad told Sputnik in an exclusive interview.
“We formally sent a letter to the United Nations, we asked them in that letter to send a delegation in order to investigate what happened in Khan Shaykhun,” Assad said. “Of course till this moment they didn't send (the experts), because the West and the US blocked any delegation from coming,” he added.
Bashar Assad believes that Washington is hampering the probe because if the experts arrive in Idlib, “they will find that all their (the US) narratives about what happened in Khan Shaykhun and then the attack on Shayrat airport was a false flag, was a lie.”
https://www.rt.com/news/385469-un-idlib-chemical-assad/

Meanwhile, at the G7 Summit the west is trying to get support against Assad while trying to halt and prevent an investigation. The same was done back in 2013 and the independent international investigator concluded that the so-called rebels were responsible for the chemical attack in Damascus.

I say, let's have the investigation.
Old Apr 21, '17, 7:09 am
Forum Elder

Default Re: RT: UN doesn’t send experts to Idlib 'chemical incident' site as West & US are blocking it - Assad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba View Post

Why bother? Assad can just remove the Sarin if he hasn't already. He already bombed the hospital where the victims were being treated, so that's gone. And if, by some chance, the investigators find some trace of Sarin in a fountain or something Assad neglected to drain, he'll just say then, as he does now, that the rebels were the ones who used it.

The rebels will deny using it, as will Assad. So what's the point?
Old Apr 21, '17, 8:01 am

Religion: Roman Catholic.
Default Re: RT: UN doesn’t send experts to Idlib 'chemical incident' site as West & US are blocking it - Assad

The problem is that there is no "good side" to speak off, despite our desire to find it.

The only thing that would truly help is a type of lasting Christmas Truce.

So i am praying for that.

''The rulers of humanity will give us no lasting justice as long as they are lead by greed''
Old Apr 21, '17, 8:10 am

Quote:
Yes, of course there should be an investigation, if the US has evidence/proof, they need to share it.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh
The greatest misery does not stop Me from uniting Myself to a soul, but where there is pride, I am not there.
(Diary, 1563)
We resemble God most when we forgive our neighbors. (Diary, 1148)
Old Apr 21, '17, 8:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Why bother?
Then the US needs to share their evidence. And more importantly, they should be working together with Russia.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh
The greatest misery does not stop Me from uniting Myself to a soul, but where there is pride, I am not there.
(Diary, 1563)
Old Apr 21, '17, 10:00 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh987654321 View Post
Then the US needs to share their evidence. And more importantly, they should be working together with Russia.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh
I don't know the sources the U.S. has on this, but if it involves any sensitive sources, I would not favor sharing it with the UN or the Russians, either one. Besides, I'm sure the Russians know all about it anyway.
Old Apr 21, '17, 7:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I don't know the sources the U.S. has on this, but if it involves any sensitive sources, I would not favor sharing it with the UN or the Russians, either one. Besides, I'm sure the Russians know all about it anyway.
How then are we supposed to know? Imagine if the roles were reversed and Russia struck someone and said they had their sources and evidence but was not willing to share it?

I understand protecting a source, but at the same time, you can't have no evidence to share, since then sources can be unreliable, makeup stuff, and downright deceive people with no accountability whatsoever.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh
(Diary, 1563)
Old Apr 21, '17, 9:07 pm
Forum Master

Quote:

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh
Don't count on the UN to be impartial here------or to even know what they are doing.

"Social network censorship----SEE HOW FAR THEY GET WITH IT!!!!!" --------from Social Justice the Musical

"...censorship begins with me, but will end with you". --Milo Yiannapolous

Hate speech = free speech #1A #2A
Old Apr 21, '17, 9:11 pm
Veteran Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
The Syrian government has asked the UN to send experts to investigate the alleged chemical attack in Idlib province, but the request remains unanswered due to pressure from US and other Western countries, Syrian president Bashar Assad told Sputnik in an exclusive interview.
“We formally sent a letter to the United Nations, we asked them in that letter to send a delegation in order to investigate what happened in Khan Shaykhun,” Assad said. “Of course till this moment they didn't send (the experts), because the West and the US blocked any delegation from coming,” he added.
Bashar Assad believes that Washington is hampering the probe because if the experts arrive in Idlib, “they will find that all their (the US) narratives about what happened in Khan Shaykhun and then the attack on Shayrat airport was a false flag, was a lie.”
https://www.rt.com/news/385469-un-idlib-chemical-assad/

Meanwhile, at the G7 Summit the west is trying to get support against Assad while trying to halt and prevent an investigation. The same was done back in 2013 and the independent international investigator concluded that the so-called rebels were responsible for the chemical attack in Damascus.

The question is, to investigate what? Whether poison gas was used ir not? Or whether those who died were from natural causes?

Lord, by your cross and resurrection
you have set us free.
You are the Savior of the world.

Life begins at conception not implantation.
Old Apr 22, '17, 12:19 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
How then are we supposed to know? Imagine if the roles were reversed and Russia struck someone and said they had their sources and evidence but was not willing to share it?

I understand protecting a source, but at the same time, you can't have no evidence to share, since then sources can be unreliable, makeup stuff, and downright deceive people with no accountability whatsoever.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh
When it comes to clandestine sources, we aren't supposed to know. That's why they're clandestine; to preserve the country's means of knowing things. And Russia certainly has struck, including in Syria, without ever sharing the basis for their doing so.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News