Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 19, '17, 12:06 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default “Lifeboat” of Divine Mercy to save lost & lukewarm souls before the end times.

Members,

I'm looking for help and insight on trying to save lost and lukewarm souls, through Divine Mercy.
Ninth Day of the Divine Mercy Novena:

Intention: Today bring to Me SOULS WHO HAVE BECOME LUKEWARM, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out: ‘Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.’ For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy.
I have dedicated this time in my life to saving lost souls. You can read my background and objective farther below in this post.

I would like CAF members to critique a web page entitled:

The page is targeted to those who don’t know about Divine Mercy, but are pretty certain that the world is headed toward some sort of political/economic/terroristic/religious meltdown. But they don’t know what to do before God intervenes.

Give me your opinions:
Do I have any informational errors on the page? Do I have any important omissions?

What else needs to be said that would help lukewarm people understand Divine Mercy?

How can it be changed to make it more sharable on social media?

Would you share this page with your lost friends of family members? How would you make it better?

Do you thing religious blogs would want to share this? Which ones?

I will eventually post this on the Evangelization page after additions corrections are made.

Thanks,

Background:

Although myself, I was never fallen or lost, I was lukewarm for most of my adult life. Recently, I lost my parents who where faithful, but lukewarm as well. My wife and I tried to get my mother to go to confession when it was obvious she was dying. But she wouldn't go. I had to do something to help her make it to purgatory. I created an online prayer page for her. Long story short, I discovered St. Faustina story about Divine Mercy (from the internet, not my church) just in time to save her.
Through my past life of tragic losses of my 10-year old brother, my twin children and my dad and best friend, I have kept my faith in Him. By the grace of the Holy Spirit and St. Faustina, I have vowed to Jesus and St. Faustina to spread the message of Divine Mercy to lukewarm souls.

Objective:

How do we reach the lost and lukewarm souls before the end times? How do we build a "lifeboat" of Divine Mercy?

Jesus knew that images would be widely accessible by the end times. He knew the impact of images on the moral conscious, unfortunately the devil knows too. The devil didn't have to wait 70 years on the church.

It is obvious that St Faustina's Diary was written to save many souls before the end times. The Divine Mercy message has slowly spread to the church and the world. But do you see it saving many lost souls today? In Poland and other places in Europe, the message was essentially self-propagated, before the church approved the diary and apparitions. Many souls were likely helped at that time. What about now, close to the end times? The divine mercy message to the faithful is easily researched and learned about by reading many very good Divine Mercy websites and books. The people reading about Divine Mercy are likely already saved. How do we reach the lost and lukewarm souls before the end times?

Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
--- Saint Patrick original "Breastplate Prayer".

Beautiful Catholic Prayers Smartphone optimized. No ads, No distractions

Last edited by Im_believing; May 19, '17 at 12:18 pm.
Old May 19, '17, 4:34 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: “Lifeboat” of Divine Mercy to save lost & lukewarm souls before the end times.

saving souls is laudable, using rare, but predictable astronomical events is not...connecting astronomical events, especially ones as predictable as eclipses to the end of the world prophecies is really a stretch, in fact I would say irresponsible. some poor misguided soul is going to worry themselves sick becausecof it.

Be honest. Just say, hey, you ain't gonna live forever! Seek God's mercy before it's too late. Your call.
Old May 19, '17, 6:26 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: “Lifeboat” of Divine Mercy to save lost & lukewarm souls before the end times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaderbear View Post
some poor misguided soul is going to worry themselves sick because of it.
Thanks for the reply Crusaderbear,

The only way a soul is going to worry themselves sick, will be if they are not at all prepared for the coming of Christ. The point of the webpage is exactly to that end. Glad you noticed it.

It is possible that they could be worried for their lost family members who are not prepared. Thus, the need for a way to spread the message of Divine Mercy to them.

We need to be giving people a heads-up to what could be coming in hopes that they do worry themselves enough to do something about it. Time may be getting short.

Its called Fire and Brimstone, something that is not used anymore by church leaders in fear of losing parishioners.

I appreciate your comments.

Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
--- Saint Patrick original "Breastplate Prayer".

Beautiful Catholic Prayers Smartphone optimized. No ads, No distractions

Last edited by Im_believing; May 19, '17 at 6:37 pm.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality