Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 19, '17, 12:33 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ion/ar-BBBjeDT
Old May 19, '17, 12:37 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Oy vey.
As for me, to be near God is my good, to make the Lord God my refuge. (Ps 73:28)
Old May 19, '17, 12:49 pm

Default Re: Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Now it's an official 'reading quotes from the document,' but no actual document is being shown. Why am I not surprised? More lies from the media. This whole thing is just more of the same.

And of course, still no evidence of any kind, just speculation and innuendo.

Napoleon Hill
Old May 19, '17, 12:50 pm

That time Trump straight up admitted to obstructing justice
Old May 19, '17, 12:54 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmachine View Post
I think trump admitted that Comey is the one who obstructed justice. Comey is deep in the swamp.
Old May 19, '17, 12:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyO View Post
I think trump admitted that Comey is the one who obstructed justice. Comey is deep in the swamp.
I'm not sure you understand what obstructing justice is or what this story is actually about.
Old May 19, '17, 1:02 pm

Quote:
The Saturday Night Live bit was hilarious.

"So, did I get him?" he said to the producer in his ear. "Is this all over?"
"No, I didn't?" he asked dejectedly. "Nothing matters anymore? Absolutely nothing matters anymore?"

Old May 19, '17, 1:08 pm
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure you understand what obstructing justice is or what this story is actually about.
I understand exactly what was happening, Comey being part of the compromised political swamp was getting in the way of investigating the compromised political swamp.
Old May 19, '17, 1:51 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
If the quote is fully accurate, President Trump was presumably expressing a personal view on James Comey to others. How would that fit the definition of obstruction of justice?

If President Trump had told James Comey something like "I want you to end this investigation..." that may be obstruction of justice. But expressing a view on Comey to others I don't think is, and the memo which was arributed to James Comey where President Trump is claimed to make the 'I hope' comment, people such as Alan Dershowitz and Jonathan Turley (unless I'm mistaken, correct me if I am wrong) don't believe it amounts to obstruction of justice.

Last edited by _Abyssinia; May 19, '17 at 2:06 pm.
Old May 19, '17, 2:46 pm

Game over. He just cannot keep his mouth shut. That's just great..

http://www.angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/ Major help with your fight for purity.

"Ecumenism is the enemy of the Immaculata"
Saint Maximilium Kolbe
Old May 19, '17, 2:58 pm

I've never seen this much skill at setting fires, then pouring gasoline on them.
Old May 19, '17, 3:20 pm
Forum Elder

From the article:
White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.
and earlier in the article:
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
OK, let's consider this rationally. We have a "document" (so much more official-sounding than "something someone wrote based on notes theoretically taken by someone at the meeting," doesn't it?) based on notes written by someone who is in no way described, which were read to a NYT reporter?

Wow, what has happened to the NYT? Are they forced to hire illiterates? Have they eliminated all electronics from their newsroom? Are they never allowed to leave or meet with anyone so they can have some slight shred of having tried to verify what they are alleging?

Well, at least they are admitting how flimsy what they are writing about is....

But I digress. So, the person wrote something from notes compiled by someone, and it was all read aloud to the NYT, but!!! It contains an exact quote of the potentially most damaging thing Trump said at the meeting!!!! Did the anonymous note-taker ask Trump to repeat that a couple of times so he could get it right?

Or maybe there's a recording, which would actually provide hard evidence. No, not even a mention of a recording.

Note that the second anonymous source, who is not even claimed to have been at the meeting, says only that the "document," which we haven't seen, is accurate in its broad outlines.

Seriously, they expect us to take this seroiously? I'm not even a big Trump supporter, but I see that the supposedly respectable news media has descended to the level of the once-infamous Star, which published stories about alien landings.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
CS Lewis–God in the Dock, 1948

Old May 19, '17, 3:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Abyssinia View Post
If the quote is fully accurate, President Trump was presumably expressing a personal view on James Comey to others. How would that fit the definition of obstruction of justice?
Just firing him because of the investigation as he has confirmed many times is grounds for an investigation into possible obstruction of justice, and combined with him letting the Russians know that pressure was off (Spicer's statement confirms today's NYT report) shows that he thought firing Comey would slow or halt the investigation. He interfered with the conduct of an investigation by the FBI.
Old May 19, '17, 3:36 pm

The "breaking news" banner on CNN says that the White House lawyers are researching impeachment articles.

http://www.angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/ Major help with your fight for purity.

"Ecumenism is the enemy of the Immaculata"
Saint Maximilium Kolbe
Old May 19, '17, 3:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Francis View Post
Wow, what has happened to the NYT?
Can't believe they're going down the path of the Washington Post. Remember when the Post listened to that Deep Throat guy? Unbelievable.

Quote:
But I digress. So, the person wrote something from notes compiled by someone, and it was all read aloud to the NYT, but!!! It contains an exact quote of the potentially most damaging thing Trump said at the meeting!!!! Did the anonymous note-taker ask Trump to repeat that a couple of times so he could get it right?
There's a transcript of the meeting.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News