Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 12, '17, 4:18 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Children Facing Bullying Over Pro-Marriage and Pro-Life Views in Scotland.

see http://www.christian.org.uk/news/chi...iews-scotland/

"Numerous accounts – including one girl being told she ‘wasn’t a real woman’ because she did not support abortion – were revealed by the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland. Another student was told she was a 'disgrace' for 'promoting this kind of hate'... One student dropped out of a class 'to avoid the harassment'."

"Anthony Horan warned of a 'culture of fear' that people face when discussing their faith."
Old Aug 12, '17, 5:14 pm
Forum Master

Default Re: Children Facing Bullying Over Pro-Marriage and Pro-Life Views in Scotland.

In other words, the pro-choicers and faux carebot acting folks of gays have no argument other than ad hominem attacks?

Old news.

And I take it they are fine if Muslims oppose such things?

"Social network censorship----SEE HOW FAR THEY GET WITH IT!!!!!" --------from Social Justice the Musical

"...censorship begins with me, but will end with you". --Milo Yiannapolous

Hate speech = free speech #1A #2A
Old Aug 12, '17, 5:35 pm

Default Re: Children Facing Bullying Over Pro-Marriage and Pro-Life Views in Scotland.

"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
Old Aug 12, '17, 7:51 pm

Religion: Catholic since Easter Vigil 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryllos View Post
"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
This all day. I'd tell these kids that to rely on insults is to concede the argument.
Old Aug 12, '17, 9:11 pm

Religion: Christian

Kids are mean. Can we please, for once, not make this into a "liberals are a bunch of meanies" conversation. I've been called names by conservative children during a presidential voting poll at school in 4th grade. Liberal children call conservative children names too.

I think we are all mature enough to not make this a political battle and instead remind ourselves that kids say awful things sometimes, regardless of their political stance/race/gender/etc.

Bullying is bullying, how about we not cherry-pick articles to support an extremely niche view of the world.

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
Old Aug 12, '17, 9:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLuigi View Post
In other words, the pro-choicers and faux carebot acting folks of gays have no argument other than ad hominem attacks?

Old news.

And I take it they are fine if Muslims oppose such things?
For God's sake, we are talking about school bullies right now, not about adults that hold views contrary to yours.

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
Old Aug 13, '17, 12:52 am
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Philomena View Post
Kids are mean. Can we please, for once, not make this into a "liberals are a bunch of meanies" conversation. I've been called names by conservative children during a presidential voting poll at school in 4th grade. Liberal children call conservative children names too.

I think we are all mature enough to not make this a political battle and instead remind ourselves that kids say awful things sometimes, regardless of their political stance/race/gender/etc.

Bullying is bullying, how about we not cherry-pick articles to support an extremely niche view of the world.
However the issue could become that stating you are pro marriage between a man and woman only will constitute bullying by the system that promotes this as homophobic etc. Kids could truly be reprimanded by such statements. That is where I hope this new LGBT sensitive training coming to so me schools won't lead us.

Pro Life statements I hope also won't constitute "bullying" as infringing on the rights of women if you support life.

It seems headed in that direction.

We certainly don't see any hint of a pro life, pro marriage between one man and woman agenda being forced down the throats of anyone in public school like you do the leftist agenda.

Mary.
Old Aug 13, '17, 12:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryT777 View Post
However the issue could become that stating you are pro marriage between a man and woman only will constitute bullying by the system that promotes this as homophobic etc. Kids could truly be reprimanded by such statements. That is where I hope this new LGBT sensitive training coming to so me schools won't lead us.

Pro Life statements I hope also won't constitute "bullying" as infringing on the rights of women if you support life.

We certainly don't see any hint of a pro life, pro marriage between one man and woman agenda being forced down the throats of anyone in public school like you do the leftist agenda.

Mary.
Everyone on this forum is entirely impossible to deal with, why do I bother

Old Aug 13, '17, 6:06 pm

Religion: Catholic, Indian, female

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryT777 View Post

Mary.
Mary,
My thought exactly, especially that last part. And I'm screaming mad at the "not a real woman" thing. The "bullying" children sound extremely immature to me, and it's obvious that they're getting their own lack of tolerance for our beliefs from someone. Maybe these children need to see what abortion really does to a preborn child, many of which I might add are female. They need to be made fully aware of the reality of the things they're so in favor of. And it's extremely immature to cry "hate" over saying marriage is between one man, one woman. God, honestly. Why don't they get out and actually do something with their lives? They could be leaving us and our beliefs alone, and helping the poor, or doing charitable works in even the smallest of ways, instead of constantly feeding their biased mentality. They can't call everyone a hater, when they themselves aren't exactly wonderful. What are they doing, really, that they think is so great?
I'm inclined to agree with other posts, as well, that say both sides have their share of hatred and intolerance. What is extremely low is the lack of or total disrespect for religion. As I've said before, I'm totally against disrespect for religion of all kinds, from Christian/Catholic/Protestant, to Muslim, Jewish, and Hindu, and I'll even say Wiccan, while I'm at it, just to show how against disrespect toward all religions is, just to show that when I say I'm against disrespect toward all religions, I really mean all religions.
Old Aug 13, '17, 6:27 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown of Stars View Post
Mary,
My thought exactly, especially that last part. And I'm screaming mad at the "not a real woman" thing. The "bullying" children sound extremely immature to me, and it's obvious that they're getting their own lack of tolerance for our beliefs from someone. Maybe these children need to see what abortion really does to a preborn child, many of which I might add are female. They need to be made fully aware of the reality of the things they're so in favor of. And it's extremely immature to cry "hate" over saying marriage is between one man, one woman. God, honestly. Why don't they get out and actually do something with their lives? They could be leaving us and our beliefs alone, and helping the poor, or doing charitable works in even the smallest of ways, instead of constantly feeding their biased mentality. They can't call everyone a hater, when they themselves aren't exactly wonderful. What are they doing, really, that they think is so great?
I'm inclined to agree with other posts, as well, that say both sides have their share of hatred and intolerance. What is extremely low is the lack of or total disrespect for religion. As I've said before, I'm totally against disrespect for religion of all kinds, from Christian/Catholic/Protestant, to Muslim, Jewish, and Hindu, and I'll even say Wiccan, while I'm at it, just to show how against disrespect toward all religions is, just to show that when I say I'm against disrespect toward all religions, I really mean all religions.
Well said. Anyone in any denomination that values pro life and family values should be concerned. I can't even imagine being allowed to go to schools and promote such values in contradiction or alternative to the LGBT agenda.

It to me signals INSECURITY. We're so insecure in our beliefs as they stand we need to go and indoctrinate children on a pro active required curriculum basis so they agree with us.

What better way that to use our precious children to indoctrinate such perverse beliefs.

That said I do not believe ANYONE should be bullied for any reason for any belief they have in a school. That goes both ways.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology