Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Ask an Apologist

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Thread Tools Search Thread Display
Old Nov 10, '12, 10:46 am
Panchito1 Panchito1 is offline
Observing Member
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Posts: 2
Religion: Catholic
Default What can I do now about my invalid marriage?

I have a question, I am Catholic and so is my wife, she was married before in a non-Catholic marriage, when we got married we got married at an embassy in South Korea, that was over 30 years ago, I've now been told I can't receive communion or be resolved of my sins when I go to confession. Is all this true, there may not be any way to get the documentation for my wife since it was years ago in Korea, what do we have to do to get married by Church now, thank you for your time and assistance.
Old Nov 10, '12, 11:54 am
Fr. Vincent Serpa Fr. Vincent Serpa is offline
Catholic Answers Apologist
Join Date: May 4, 2004
Posts: 4,937
Default Re: Marriage outside of the Church

Deaf friend,

Since your wife was a Catholic when she married a man outside of the Catholic Church, the marriage would not have been valid. Now the Church requires proof that such is the case. If the embassy has no record of the marriage, surely there must be someone who was present at the ceremony who can vouch for the fact that it took place--such as an official witness (best man or maid of honor).

You need to see your pastor about this so that you can be married in the Catholic Church. You are in my prayers. Feel free to contact me privately by clicking on my name above.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

Last edited by Fr. Vincent Serpa; Nov 10, '12 at 7:47 pm.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Ask an Apologist


Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
6631CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: tawny
6228Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
5195Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
4631Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4313Poems and Reflections
Last by: BroIgnatius
4055OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: Fischli
3293For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: GLam8833
3261Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Herculees
2828Let's Empty Purgatory 2
Last by: Tis Bearself
Last by: tuscany

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:50 pm.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.