Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 26, '05, 8:44 am

Religion: Christian -
Default ARM Apologetics?

Hey, Maybe you can give me a website. I found it some months, maybe over a year ago. But can't find it now.

I did, however, find my little note that I made from the website. Not much help, but the group or apostolate or whatever was called "ARM" and it was a Roman Catholic apologetics group mainly against Calvinism. They had several tapes on their site, and some were like "Essential Differences" and "5-Point Reply."

Needless to say, I've searched to no avail. Maybe someone else has come across this site and can give me a link. Or maybe they don't exist anymore...?

-Rob
Old Nov 26, '05, 4:10 pm

Default Re: ARM Apologetics?

Allright, I've found the information I was after.

How was I able to do that, you ask, since I've already tried Google and couldn't find the site?

Good question. Actually, it's somewhat of a miracle. I had the ministry's telephone number. I called it, left a message, and the guy called me back. I thought that I'd called in the past, and never got a response, anyways, I did this time.

The next post will have the rich information I gathered.
Old Nov 26, '05, 4:31 pm

I'm not intending to pad this thread. I'm just wanting to get the info out in small kilobyte size chunks.

ARM (All Roads Ministry) has 2 websites:

www.allroadsministry.com

www.lulu.com/arm

From what I can gather, they are in line with Fr. Feeney's teaching regarding "Extra Ecclesium Nulla Sanctum."

I kind of expected that, because I thought I remembered from a few months back that their site had that "flavor" to it.

The guy (Vince Lewis) called me back on my cell ph. and I didn't have it on me, and so he left a message. He said at the end, "I invite you into the Church of Rome, outside of which there is no salvation." Not that he's necessarily wrong to have said that, it was just kind of odd, you know?? So I called him back, and he gave me the websites.

At the website, their ministry is described as "ARM is the only organization in existence whose sole goal is to train, educate, and motivate today's Catholic to defend, explain, and spread the one, true faith. At ARM, we know that there is only one right way to defend the faith, and that is to rely on God."

And Vince Lewis is described as
"Vincent P. Lewis; President of All Roads Ministry;
America's toughest, smartest, best, Catholic Apologist."

I'm sorry, but I can't help but to crack a smile, I honestly thought that illustrious title was already held by Bro. Peter Dimond. I'm Kidding.

Ok, I'm poking fun now, I should stop... So, anybody have any comments (beneficial, no wisecracks please) on this group, now that we all know who they are?

Old Nov 27, '05, 9:17 am
Veteran Member
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic, Latin Rite

Hi Reformed -

I thought I kind of recognized the name of this ministry, but after Vince Lewis' name came up, it really rang a bell. This ministry has been written up a couple of times in This Rock magazine, and the overall impression I get is that this guy is something of a crank. Here's one of the articles:

ARM of the Lord
By Karl Keating
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1991/9111fea1.asp

SSSC on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunday...795172?ref=sgm
Old Nov 27, '05, 11:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis
Hi Reformed -
Here's one of the articles:

ARM of the Lord
By Karl Keating
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1991/9111fea1.asp
Thanks Fidelis,

I read that article. That's definitely him, allright!!

When I talked on the phone to him, he was like "So you're gonna go to those websites and call me back." I don't know who he thinks he is, so I said "No, it won't be that soon, I'm working on my tractor. Maybe in a few days."

He's hoping to get a lot more books on his site to sell soon, he told me. Oh joy! Well, who knows, I might check a couple of his things out, I like to network.

It's odd, he doesn't have an email or on-line method of contact. Almost like he really wants people to call him or write him.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence