1 Cor 11:4... Tiara/Miter

Does the tiara or miter of the BISHOPS/POPE violate 1 Cor 11:4?

=====
1 Corinthians 11:4 ►New International Version
Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head.

Please enlighten me Bros and Sis

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. GOD BLESS

From the article on “Mitre” in the Catholic Encyclopedia:

The mitre is distinguished from the other episcopal vestments in that it is always laid aside when the bishop prays; for example, at the *orationes *of the Mass, of the Office, in conferring Holy Orders, at the Canon of the Mass, etc. The reason for this is to be found in the commandment of the Apostle that a man should pray with uncovered head (1 Corinthians 11:4).

Where do you see prophecy? I think someone has misinterpreted the passage with regard to bishops and prophets since they are not the same thing.

The ceremonials are clear that the bishop (and priest, if he dons the biretta or mitre) uncovers his head at specified points in the liturgy.

In the Western liturgical traditions, all orations are done with the head uncovered. For instance, each time before the bishop introduces the prayer (“Let us pray”), he uncovers, and remains uncovered until the prayer has concluded.

Here is an example of Pope Francis praying with a head covering on. Does this violate 1 Cor 11:4?

I know it doesn’t but what does 1 Cor 11:4 really want to tell the people in Corinth?

By looking at the whole context of what Paul said, it seems that the women in Corinth were starting to worship and pray with their heads uncovered, which was not the normal thing in their society at the time, and Paul was trying to convince them that they should resume having their heads covered. Head covering was a sign of the husband being the head of his wife. Paul used different arguments to convey this point. In the end, we are not bound by these customs or traditions today.

I found a similar thread.

Thanks Bros for answering my query.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.