1 Corinthians 15:27-28

I have long wondered if 1Corinthians 15:27-28, when read in context with the matter being addressed by Paul, could be interpreted as his saying that, at the END, Christ is somehow “merged” [for lack of a better word} into God and that throughout eternity there will be God alone […so that God may be all in all"].

This does not, of course, account for the Spirit; what happens to him, but the same result would logically follow. At the time Paul was writing I doubt that there was a clear vision of the role of the Spirit, i.e. the Trinity; but Paul certainly had a clear vision of the “Duality”, that it God and His only Son, Christ Jesus

[left]This is not to suggest that the Son is in any way inferior to the Father. All three persons of the Trinity are equal in deity and in dignity. The subordination referred to is one of function . The Father is supreme in the Trinity; the Son carries out the Father’s will (e.g., in creation, redemption); the Spirit is sent by the Father and the Son to vitalize life, communicate God’s truth, apply his salvation to people through the means of grace and enable them to obey God’s will (or word). so that God may be all in all. The triune God will be shown to be supreme and sovereign in all things.[/left]

%between% %between%

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.