1 Corinthians 2, 15

In The First Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 2 Verse 15 states:

The spiritual person, however, can judge everything but is not subject to judgement by anyone.       

Please explain.

The person who can know themselves is the best person who can judge truthfully. If you know the truth about yourself you are definitely better than most. Jesus said why do you look at the speck in someone’s eyes but not the plank in your eye. Those who are better spiritually have dwelt the plank in their own eyes so that by Jesus words they can easily help those who have these specks in their eyes. They do not need to be judged since they have judged themselves better than anyone. When St. Maria Faustina complained to Jesus about a certain judgment by someone on her, He told her simply why listen to her? The Lord Jesus told her that this person does not know herself so how can she judged anyone else?

CyrilSebastian #1
The spiritual person, however, can judge everything but is not subject to judgement by anyone.
Please explain.

Apart from commanding the woman found in adultery to “go and sin no more” the Christ commanded us to:
“Stop judging by appearances, but judge justly.” (Jn 7:24).
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will know them” (Mt 7:15, 16).
“Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them.” (Mt 7:19-20).

And St Paul, following the Master:
“Test everything: retain what is good.” (1Thess 5:21).
“The spiritual person, however, can judge everything but is not subject to judgment by anyone.” (1 Cor 2:15).

That is precisely why we judge actions, speech, writing against true teaching as to what is good and what is evil, and we know what is good and what is evil only by following the teaching of His Church – not by our opinions, desires, prejudices, feelings, wants – selfism.

We are commanded not to judge the guilt of anyone before God.

The New Covenant involves the Holy Spirit indwelling man, the two communing in a relationship that was always intended, the Spirit instructing and guiding the heart of man Into truth and righteousness, as we cooperate with Him.

Excerpt from Haydock Commentary:

. . . But the spiritual man judgeth all things, passeth a right judgment, not only of the things of this life, as carnal men can do, but even of spiritual things, which concern his eternal salvation.

And he himself is judged by no one, that is, by no one, who is not spiritual, or who is not taught by the Spirit of God, to pass a right judgment: the sense also may be, that he cannot be justly blamed or condemned by any worldly man, who knows not how to judge of such spiritual things. (Witham)

Christ specifically commanded that we judge all actions against His teaching so as to pursue the Way, the Truth and the Life and reject falsehood and bad example.

Further:
“Beloved, do not trust every spirit but test the spirits to see whether they belong to God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (1 Jn 4:1).

“I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth.” (Rev 3:16).

That is precisely why we judge actions, speech, writing against true teaching as to what is good and what is evil.

Jesus has commanded “Stop judging, that you may not be not judged.” (Mt 7:1; read 1-5). Thus we are commanded not to judge others regarding their motives, intentions, and guilt before God (a judgment reserved to God).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.