10s of 1000s of Muslims find Christ in Bangladesh

**Tens of thousands of Muslims find Christ **

In Bangladesh, several tens of thousands of Muslims have changed religion in the past few years, and now follow Jesus. New ‘Jamats’? Christian house churches with ex-Muslim members? are being formed across the nation, reports the Swiss missions agency Kingdom Ministries. The movement is by far the fastest-growing Christian group in the country. In 1997, the Bible was translated into a form understood by the rural population. The movement’s most important characteristics are its house church form with 15-25 members per group, flat hierarchies and the emphasis on a lay movement with very few mobilisers; evangelisation and church leadership are in the hands of laypeople. The new converts call themselves ‘followers of Jesus’, and keep their old names. **Around 10% of them have seen Jesus in a dream or vision, or have experienced healing in his name. **

**The transformed healer **
"We met a man who travelled the country seeking God, having given up as a religious teacher. One day, he met a Folk Islamic healer, to whom hundreds of people travelled. The healer encouraged him to open his own spiritual centre, which he did. He soon had some 4,000 listeners, but no significant message for them, until Jesus appeared to him, saying ‘You are our man in this region!’ The old man started evangelising a little, until Jesus appeared to him a second time, asking him why he did not teach the people everything. So far, 300 of his listeners have been baptised and follow Jesus."
Source: Kingdom Ministries, www.kministries.ch

jesus.org.uk/dawn/2004/dawn48.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

**TENS OF THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS IN BANGLADESH PUT FAITH IN CHRIST **

TENS OF THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS IN BANGLADESH PUT FAITH IN CHRIST In Bangladesh tens of thousands of Muslims have become Christians in recent years through a movement that emphasizes house churches and lay leadership. Jamats – house churches with ex-Muslim members – are springing up across the nation, reports the Swiss missions agency Kingdom Ministries. The movement is the fastest-growing Christian group in the country. Using a modern translation of the Bible understood by the rural population, the movement’s most important characteristics are its house churches with 15 to 25 members per group; flat hierarchies; an emphasis on a lay movement with few mobilizers; and putting evangelization and church leadership in the hands of nationals. The new converts call themselves “followers of Jesus” and keep their old names. (FridayFax)

jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/14127.htm

lol you sure are one proud kafir hahaha

Hey good for them at least the christians bring their message tot he muslims while we all sit here and do nothing.

Yes, it is good for them and good for world. :slight_smile:

This is good news indeed. Let’s us pray God’s protection upon them. It isn’t always healthy to be a Christian in some countries.

Dan L

Proud Kafir, let me make something clear, Islam is not dependent on numbers. I believe this is the 101 time I told you this.

In that case maybe muslims can quit quoting questionable statistics that islam is ‘supposedly’ the fastest growing faith in the world every chance they get.

:smiley:

Un_dhimmi,

I love your name. I hope you post often. I pray for more un_dhimmis. There should never have been any in the first place but it is good when one finds freedom from the tyrants.

Dan L

Dan L- Can you clarify this statement…do you mean there never should of been any Muslims in the first place?

thank you for your kind welcome.

i look forward to contributing at this very interesting site.

I actually discovered it by accident when a muslim I was debating at another forum (largely islamic) decided to turn tail and vanish when he found he was not able to respond suitably. Imagine my surprise when I discovered he had popped up here to peddle his ****.

there should never be dhimmitude ever again.

a good resource is dhimmiwatch.org.

[quote=Karin]Dan L- Can you clarify this statement…do you mean there never should of been any Muslims in the first place?
[/quote]

Thats one way of looking at it !

What he means is that there never should be a dhimmi again.

however, if there are no muslims then there would be no dhimmis !

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Karin]Dan L- Can you clarify this statement…do you mean there never should of been any Muslims in the first place?
[/quote]

Quite so. It’s partly the Church’s fault that they did come into existence. We were doing too much infighting and the Byzantine Empire wasn’t always kind with its outlying territories.

Islam didn’t really have to develop in such a diabolical way, but there you have it. Warriors will be warriors.

Dan L

Aren’t Christians and Jews effectively Dhimmis still in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and the like? Or would you describe the persecution there differently?

Dan L

OK then are you saying all Muslims, Hindu’s etc. are bad (lack of a better word)? Or is just the religion?

I would think in terms of levels of tolerance, Islam is among the most intolerant of all faiths.

I can speak with experience, having lived several years in the middle east.

a dhimmi is a second class citizen.

although we were allowed to practise our faith in the country we lived in, there were stringent restrictions regarding church size, ringing of bells, a visible cross on the church, etc, etc… and this was in one of the more liberal muslim countries.

In other muslim countries, the situation is even more dire.

think saudi arabia, pakistan, bangladesh, etc. etc.

[quote=Karin]OK then are you saying all Muslims, Hindu’s etc. are bad (lack of a better word)? Or is just the religion?
[/quote]

Un_dhimmi pretty much answered the questions but here’s a few more thoughts. Did you ever wonder why Ghandi could not get Muslims and Hindus to cooperate past getting rid of the British? One person isn’t any better than another. Yet the reality of Jesus Christ makes it possible for all to be saved.

There would have been no possibility for Islam to rise if Christian people had acted in the manner in which they should. Yet, when Islam gained ascendency they were and in many cases continue to be brutal. I see no need for that, yet they were and are.

Is it the people or the religion? I don’t know.

Dan L

Exactly- If the Christian people acted like they should many things would be different. Also lets not lump together all Muslims…as all Muslims are not brutal…some are actually more Christian in character than actual Christians.

Karin,

I suppose.

How is it that a higher percentage of Muslims are violent than all other people groups on earth?

If your answer is poverty and ignorance then I ask: Why is it that a higher percentage of Muslims are poor and ignorant?

It is very much true that most of the Muslims I know are kind and generous people. But that is true of most all of the Christians and Jews and Hindus and Sihks and Buddhists that I’ve ever met. But I don’t know of very many Hindus, Sihks, Jews, or Christians who are doing the things that so many do in the name of their God or their religion.

I hope that the vision of what is called “traditional” Muslims gain ascendency over the horribly violent Wahhabis, but Muslims have been violent and brutal for a long time before Wahhab or Al Saud ever came upon the scene.

I cheer the American Muslim efforts, though not universal in nature, are for the most part opposed to Al Qaeda.

We will see.

Dan L

it is said that a tiny minority of muslims believe in violent jehad.

it is claimed this monority is approx. 10%.

This would be make around 150 million would would want you dead.

scary, isn’t it ?

whats even scarier is that the remaining 90% are sitting around doing nothing other than blame others for the problems with their religion.

[quote=un_dhimmi]whats even scarier is that the remaining 90% are sitting around doing nothing other than blame others for the problems with their religion.
[/quote]

Sounds alot like what alot of Catholics do…complain about there religion but dont do anything about it. Heck this can be said for any group…lots of complaining not enough action.

Dan L: How is it that a higher percentage of Muslims are violent than all other people groups on earth? could it because they are being attacked on in their homes and on the streets.

Sounds alot like what alot of Catholics do…complain about there religion but dont do anything about it. Heck this can be said for any group…lots of complaining not enough action.

Karin,

Those who complain are mostly those who live according to their own lust for evil things such as: abortion, contraception, same sex marriage, euthanasia, female priesthood, etc, to name a few. Those are the people who want all those that I mentioned be accepted by the Catholic Church, but their efforts will go to nothing because the Church is guided and founded by God himself and cannot deceive nor be deceived.

Now, are you trying to equate complain of certain Catholics with Muslims? You should see first and foremost the difference. Or else describe to me the valid complains of Catholics that you say.

Pio

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.