11 Parishes and 1 mission closing in my Diocese

Please pray that a miracle can happen. It was announced yesterday that on January 1, 2009 11 parishes and 1 mission will be closing in our Diocese. I am so extremely saddened by this and I pray that something can be done. :crying:

Please pray with me, warriors. Let’s storm Heaven! :crossrc:

Praying! I’m calling on St. Jude for this one…

+JMJTJ+

*** Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying!

Father we entreat You to give many more the grace to respond to Christ’s call for priesthood, and for Catholics to return to the faith, and for those who remain to deepen their faith and example. Please restore and protect this and other dioceses.
We ask in Jesus’ name

Rebuild Your Church
Jesus, send Your Holy Spirit to renew Your Church through grace and human labour. Inspire an escalating influx of authentic vocations to priestly, religious and lay apostolates. Protect and build up Your Church through mutual love, so that the gospel is witnessed and received amongst our families, our communities, and our world.

Overcome in us that decline of worship and service into token observance, religiosity or neglect. We have clung to materialism, sensuality and ease, therefore punish ourselves by their tenacious hold upon our lives. This strangles peace of soul and impoverishes human relationships, fostering discord and injustice amongst us. Please send the Holy Spirit to inspire us with faith and mutual charity.

We have clung to our own will and preferences, thus punish ourselves by inability to rise above our limited selves into the freedom of Your love. We choose worldliness—even many of us who are consecrated to You—rather than to commit ourselves to Your love with unconditional trust.

Liberate us from imbalance regarding human appetites so that we respond to relationship with gospel love. Overcome in us the influence of immoral and unchristian values normalised by convenience, by custom, by literature and by media. Let us recognise our true relation to You and to each other as children of God. Thus, imbue us with reverence towards the sacredness of human life from conception to enfeebled old age, for we live in a society corrupted by accepted forms of injustice and murder.
Let Christ’s forgiveness, healing and peace flow through us.

Rescue us from our apathy, agnosticism and atheism and from our search for instant miracle where You desire patient trust. Convert those who live religiously but without genuine faith. To those who do believe, grant deepening faith that leads us into generous commitment and loving service.

Allow Your Holy Spirit to purify and strengthen us in love, faith, hope, in justice and harmony, granting us true conversion within Your Mystical Body. Thank You for Your gift of each other in Church, our God.

AMEN

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mohter of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour
of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.