11 year old attempts suicide in a coma, needs prayers

This story breaks my heart and touches very close to home. This 11 year old loved the My Little Pony cartoon and was horribly bullied because of it. He chose to try to end his life instead of endure any more pain at the hands of his classmates. I have heard many times that kids will be kids. Speaking as an adult who was bullied as a child in elementary school I can assure you that children can be very mean. This boy is in a coma and may have severe brain damage, he, his family, and the bullies need our prayers. for more info see the link below.

christianpost.com/news/11-year-old-bullied-for-love-of-my-little-pony-attempts-suicide-took-bible-to-school-which-brought-him-great-joy-113936/

How sad that this happens. I wish all schools had anti-bullying education. Kids do not realize the impact their ridicule has on peers. I am sure if they were educated and think what if it was them being picked on.

Praying for all involved. Praying for the school to have anti- bullying education.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

I know his parents said they dont want to see the bullies punished but if you let kids get away with bad behaviour especially bullying behaviour it will not stop…i think they should be expelled at least…they bullied the boy to the extent he didnt want to live any more…

Praying for him and his family

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Seems the Christian Post excerpt cuts out an important part of the story, included in other news reports.
That the other boys bullied young Michael about being gay and watching a “gay” TV show, said his family.

From the ABC story:
Bullying prevention expert Nancy Mullin said Michael’s age is right in the prime age for suicides.
“Eleven to 15-year-old boys are very much at risk for thinking about suicide when they’re perceived as being gay,” said Mullin.
She credits Michael’s parents with supporting his interest rather than reinforcing shameful feelings.
“The missing piece here is what the school is doing about this,” said Mullin.*

Awful.
Children learn this intolerance somewhere.
This is why school programs to combat intolerance and hate toward homosexuals are very important.

Our Lady of Egypt, Pray for us
Our Lady of the Weak, Pray for us
Our Lady of Poland, Pray for Us
Our Lady of Russia, Pray for us

Glory be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen

Sending Prayers your way. May the Lord show mercy.

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen.

Heartbreaking on so many levels.

Sister Mary Francis Sharbel, we ask your intercession to heal this young child physically and emotionally. Grant peace and understanding to all invoved.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in you. Amen.

I will pray for this boy and his family. I have become more and more befuddled. What is going on that our young people think suicide is the only way out of things, or that because of bullying they don’t deserve to live.

I was bullied my entire school career. From K - 12. I never once thought of suicide as a solution. I went to school in fear of being beaten up constantly and never told a soul, not even my parents. I had the thought that one day the bullies would grow up and have to remember what they had done to me and others, and that they would have to remember that I did not report them or retaliate.

Perhaps the most important thing we can teach our children is how to cope with adversity. Bullying is wrong, but it does appear to me that we are not addressing it in effective ways at all.

There is no safe home refuge for children now; their environment is saturated with the most vicious continual commentary via ‘social’ media, and they have no social life among friends where they can be shielded from the assault. Look at the case of Miami Dolphins player Jonathan Martin, for whom hazing turned into a nightmare – an adult, he didn’t contemplate suicide, but suffered a breakdown of some sort from the trauma.

When I was a child, the vast majority of children in the US were still baptized, and as a consequence of that and the maintenance of certain other disciplines, we were shielded from the worst excesses of childish cruelty. But these children grow up, not only in an unshielded social environment, but with violent and demonic forms of ‘entertainment’. This boy sought a different form of entertainment, and that’s what brought on the bullying and the thread, not just of being beaten, but of being utterly brutalized and dehumanized.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I too was bullied horribly as a child.
I thought the bullying education at the schools would have made things better, but found out at the end of the school year that my son had been bullied on the bus the whole year.
Apparently the school was addressing the issue with the bully and his parents but didn’t think we needed to be informed.

We home school now.

Prayers for this boy, his parents and school. For you too, melaniecfreak and for our whole messed up system.

Lord’s Prayer, Hail Mary, and Glory Be said for you, the child, and all of the families.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary… :gopray2:

Dear Lord, help our children. Draw them away from evil and towards yourself.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou amongst women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for him!

I pray for the boy, his family, caregivers, the kids responsible for the bullying, and the kids responsible for doing nothing to stop it.

As a kid in the playground, I would just go over to where the other kids were “picking” on someone. I said and did nothing, nor did I “report” them. They stopped. Only one asked me what I was doing. My telling him that I was preventing him from getting into trouble stopped him. Maybe it was because I was so small . . . they could not figure me out! :clapping: Many years later, my parents told me that the School Principal had noticed it and called them in to “see your daughter in action”. They saw me from the Principal’s Office window! This was a parish school.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.