12-Year-Old Stuns Pro-Choice Teacher and School with Pro-Life Presentation

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/feb/09021605.html

12-Year-Old Stuns Pro-Choice Teacher and School with Pro-Life Presentation

By Kathleen Gilbert

TORONTO, February 11, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - 12-year-old “Lia” of Toronto has become a star at her school and on Youtube with her five-minute pro-life speech, crafted for a school competition. Despite discouragement and outright opposition, Lia’s presentation was so well done that she reportedly won the contest she was told she would be disqualified from, due to the “controversial” message of her speech.

The speech is available in its entirety on Youtube, where it has been viewed over 100,000 times and sparked a heated discussion. (See: youtube.com/watch?v=wOR1wUqvJS4&feature=chann…))

i was just about to post this. good for her, and shame on the teachers and judges that would try to bar her from competition just for speaking the truth.

i wish every bishop and priest would watch this little girl speak, and be inspired to speak out themselves that there is NO justification for abortion ever. tht there is NO way to ever support the right to abortion and be Catholic. and then drag evey disenter over the metaphorical coals until they recant or throw them out for their own good.

Here in Canada, abortion is completely unrestricted. The child can be killed throughout ALL NINE MONTHS of pregnancy. God help us.

I’m doing a report on this issue as well. Pray it goes well…

Praise God!:thumbsup:

You’re kidding? :eek: Through out all nine months? How is a nine month child aborted? Wait I don’t want to know :mad:

Makes me wonder how long until it will be the same in America.

God bless

That’s why we are making such a big deal about FOCA.

Good for this girl!

Good for her! :thumbsup:
I hope she has the wonderful life she deserves.

As for those who opposed her. I hope her message
reached them.

Mickey Finn

When it does start here in the USA I don’t think that it will stop there. The “pro-death camp” will say, " Well this baby is only 10 days old… why can’t we just let it die?" Remember Terry Schiavo?? She was just unwanted by her husband and left to die.
When will it stop… how far will it go???

Maybe when adults reach the age of 70 they should be marched off and be terminated, afterall they have lived out their potential and are just going to a burden on all of us… right??

Paul

[quote="narrowpath]Here in Canada, abortion is completely unrestricted. The child can be killed throughout ALL NINE MONTHS of pregnancy. God help us.
[/quote]

In the United States, abortion is also legal through all nine months of pregnancy. This was the finding in Roe and Doe. Only one particular procedure of late term abortion was banned by the partial birth abortion ban. Other late term abortions remain legal and are done.

“Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton supersede all state laws, allowing a woman to legally obtain an abortion for any reason throughout all nine months.”.Source: all.org/article.php?id=10215

WOW!!!

We need more 12-year-olds like this girl!!

Come to think of it, we need more bishops like this girl! :wink:

Since most adults are not listening, God has chosen a little child to lead them.

Maybe someone should send that 12 year old girl’s video") to the White House, the U.S. Supreme Court, and every memeber of Congress.

Yes that’s true. I usually tell the pro-death crowd that Andrea Yates the mother in Houston who is jailed for killing her five children that she should not be in jail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Yates

They’re shocked when I tell them this. I said see no difference here you people support abortion all this mother did was have five late term abortions.

To me there is no difference between a child inside the womb or outside the womb they are all alive.

Of course they see no logic in this and think I’m a pro-life Christian nut.

Wow !

This young girl is Excellent !! Wish it would go national!!

Agreed! :clapping: In this cold anti-life country I am heartened to see this in my own city :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, you don’t need to wait at all…It’s been this way since Doe V Bolton in 1973. Abortion is legal in all 9 months to protect a mother’s “health”. Doe v Bolton explains health as “physical, emotional, psychological, familial and the woman’s age”
:frowning: :mad:

I wish it weren’t true…but tragically it is.

I sent the link to many people. She is very bright!

Good for her.

I’m noticing a positive trend emerging among people my age and younger these days. Most people I know (majority are athiests) are firm believers in pro-life now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.