12-year-old Wisconsin girls stab friend 19 times

news.msn.com/us/12-year-old-wisconsin-girls-stab-friend-19-times

A terrifying story of girls worshipping and trying to appease a demon.

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy Name
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who tresspass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil. Amen

St Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in our day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, oh Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

**The Slender Man was created on a thread in the Something Awful forum begun on June 8, 2009, with the goal of editing photographs to contain supernatural entities. **
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man

Slender man is what you call a tulpa something so many people have believed in that is has taken up essence or another theory a demon realized the fun he could have with this fictional character and started using it’s form for evil so very very sad that these girls did this

Praying for the families and the victim

This is all part of an alarming trend in this country–the growth of violence among children. Lately, I’ve been seeing **a lot **of stories about young children torturing and killing animals. Just today, there was a story about an 11 year old boy that beat a cat almost to death by slamming it against a guard rail. This is so frightening to me. Are the children sick? Are the parents at fault? What’s going on? :frowning:

May our Lord Jesus Christ sanctify all believers and grant them the graces of discernment, wisdom, understanding, knowledge, and every good gift that the Holy Spirit has for us, so that we can speak out with compassion and boldness of truth against the enemies of the faith.

Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Blessed Mother, grant the grace of conversion for these girls, and all who are deceived by the evil one.

Grant these graces for the greater glory of God…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit…who is all good!!!

Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy Name
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil. Amen

St Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in our day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, oh Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Actually violent crimes by juveniles peaked in the '90s ( using arrests as a proxy )

ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/JAR_Display.asp?ID=qa05201

Not to excuse the previous behavior, its just that it is a matter of the news adage " If it bleeds, it leads "

Satan!!!

LOVE! :heart:

Maybe…just maybe the Church needs to reinstate the Old Rite of Exorcism…At least Fr. Gabriel Amorth seems to think so.

And not only that…deliverance ministries also.

Great media needs to replace the evil stuff.

Our youth needs to be warned about the occult - all of it. It is rampant out there, Jesus Our Lord is Victor - we need many to proclaim that. Devotion to Our Blessed Mother needs to increase.

Parents need to be actively involved with their children’s emotional development. I’m not saying that parents have to be experts, but they should at least educate themselves about warning signs, and when to seek professional help.

I’ve always thought most of the horror/slasher genre was Satanic trash. There’s a time and a place for the frightening, but much of the genre goes far beyond story-telling and simply revels in senseless fear and gore, and often objectifies the human person for our emotional titillation. The cultural fascination with zombies and such isn’t a healthy one either. I’ve always been sensitive to this.

I agree strongly!

I wasn’t aware the Church got rid of the Rite of Exorcism. Don’t they still train priests in it up at the Vatican?

In any case, the Church is very wary of performing exorcisms nowadays, especially with all the legal trouble they could get into, and especially when it concerns children.

The Rite was changed in 1999, but exorcisms are still done. Priests trained in exorcism have said it has weakened its potency. This might help explain it.

remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/fetzen-fliegen/item/657-reports-of-demonic-possession-increasing-since-new-rite-of-exorcism

Too bad really but belief in the devil and hell is not so very popular these days although Pope Francis himself has recently spoken of the power of Satan.

And interestingly, exorcists were not bound to using the new Rite when it was introduced. It is an option.

While I am very skeptical regarding rumors of what exorcists do and don’t, due to the massive amount of superstition surrounding it, I am inclined to believe what I’ve heard, that most exorcists stick to the old Rite.

The newer one (they’re both easily found online) looks too much like a session of catechesis, and too little like an actual exorcism.

Not to derail the thread - I just think it is an important addition that the old Rite was never abrogated.

As for the girl, whatever the cause: May she rest in peace.

Do you think these girls were possessed?

I know your question wasn’t aimed at me, but the Church seems pretty strict in not making that assumption until it has ruled out other explanations.

Yes, as they should be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.