13-Foot Pet Boa Strangles Owner in Ohio

**CINCINNATI (Dec. 18) - A 13-foot boa constrictor wrapped itself around its owner’s neck and killed the man in his home, authorities said.

An acquaintance found Ted Dres, 48, inside the snake’s cage Saturday and called police, the Hamilton County Sheriff’s office said.**

news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/13-foot-pet-boa-strangles-owner-in-ohio/n20061217170409990002

And yet again, the ingenius human intellect has spawned another potential Darwin Award. At least the human gene pool is slightly better off, from an evolutionary standpoint.

Yup. Yay for natural selection. I know that kinda makes me sound like a cold hearted jerk. O well.

Anyway, off topic:
I’m trying to make a topic yet it keeps giving me an error. Anyone else have that problem?

Only a little. I’d simply phrase it as ‘never keep a pet that’s bigger/stronger than you’

You don’t sound cruel to me. I mean I’m sorry for the family who lost a member so close to Christmas, but why would a person NEED to own a Boa?
Some folks bite off more than they can chew.

WOW!!

A 13-footer!!!

That’s big. Bigger than the ones they’re finding in the Everglades these days.

Sorry to hear about the owner getting strangled by that ungrateful pet. Maybe he should have had an alligator to act as a check and balance to the boa.

Gives me a “down in the mouth” feeling.

Thread Closed

Please do not celebrate or make fun of people’s deaths.

Thank you for your cooperation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.