15 Celebrities Who Blamed Trump, Deplorables for Hoax Attack on Jussie Smollett

Yet another false flag “hate crime” staged by a leftist.

. . . CNN’s Shimon Prokupecz reported Saturday, “Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault. The sources tell CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.” . . .

15 Celebrities Who Blamed Trump, Deplorables for Hoax Attack on Jussie Smollett

Justin Caruso 17 Feb 2019 Brietbart News

Left-wing Hollywood wasted no time in politicizing and blaming President Donald Trump and his supporters for an alleged hate crime attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett — an encounter that police now reportedly believe to have been staged. . . .

. . . Smollett had previously claimed that at 2am in downtown Chicago, he was attacked by two men, had a rope wrapped around his neck, and chemicals thrown on him and claimed he was called racial and homophobic slurs. He also said that the attackers yelled “This is MAGA country!” at him. . . .

. . . Actress Olivia Munn claimed, without evidence, “Jussie Smollett was violently attacked by two white men who poured bleach on him and put a noose around his neck.” . . .

. . . . Actor Billy Eichner used the incident to cast blame on Trump and “all MAGA lunatics.”

“Heartbroken and furious reading about the attack on JussieSmollett . I want Trump and all MAGA lunatics to burn in Hell,” the Billy on the Street star said. . . .

Cory Booker called it “an attempted modern-day lynching.”

Let the apologies to President Trump and to besmirched conservatives begin.

3 Likes

I doubt that anyone who blamed Trump for the alleged attack did so because they care about Jussie Smollett. They likely did so because they do not like Trump. So, I don’t see any reason for an apology.

2 Likes

1Lord1Faith . . .

They likely did so because they do not like Trump. So, I don’t see any reason for an apology.

There you go.

If you dislike “Trump” personally I guess it’s all OK to make false chages against him (and against others) and all is well. (I absolve you in the name of not liking Trump).

There ya have it.

3 Likes

Obviously, apologizing would be the right thing to do, but I don’t think most of those people who blamed Trump are interested in doing the right thing. Maybe they could show that their critics are wrong, and that they are willing to apologize when they make a mistake like that.

1 Like

I wonder how related this is to Jason van Dyke’s being beaten up in prison. Revenge seems to be rampant in Chicago.

1Lord1Faith . . .

Obviously, apologizing would be the right thing to do, but I don’t think most of those people who blamed Trump are interested in doing the right thing.

Agreed.

Maybe they could show that their critics are wrong, and that they are willing to apologize when they make a mistake like that.

That would be an enormous surprise to me, but a welcome one.

Thanks for your input though 1Lord1Faith.

Strange logic.

While you are probably right on their motivation, it’s not an excuse for their actions.

Another empty topic. It would be nice if those who dont like Trump had the gumption to stand up against unfair obvious bias in these sort of topics, but I probably should know not to expect that on Catholic Answers. It was hard to find in the Catholic News board when the Covington topics were all the rage a few weeks back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.