18-month-old baby declared illegal in Islamic country.

http://www.gulfnews.com/images/09/04/13/14_ae_baby_illlegal_4.jpg

The descendants of Ishmael and the fruits of Muhammed refused to let her stay with her mother even though she was born in UAE. :mad::mad::mad:

April 13, 2009:
Sharjah: An 18-month-old baby has been declared an illegal resident by the Sharjah Naturalisation and Residency Department (SNRD) and has been given one week to leave the country after which she will get a one-year ban. Nayana Sanjay Kumar was born in October 2007 at Al Qasimi hospital in Sharjah, but her parents, both Indians from Kerala, could not sponsor their new-born baby as their salary was not enough at the time.

[FONT=Arial]Where is Islam!, where is the humanity!, where is the peaceful religion!, Is that Allah religion!

But no better than Jesus words:
"[FONT=Times New Roman]By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?" (Matthew 7:16).[/FONT]
[/FONT]

What is this “sponsor” thing they are talking about?

In order to be in the UAE you have to be sponsored by somebody. For example people who work here are sponsored by their employer; an employed husband or wife can then sponsor their spouse and children; a tourist would be sponsored by the hotel they are going to stay, or by the friends/relatives they are visiting. I know that in the case of tourists the person doing the sponsoring has to pay a deposit which they get back when the tourist leaves the country. I suppose there is somthing similar for residency (I do recall my friend saying in cost her a lot to sponsor her husband and son, I never asked if that was just fees to get the paperwork done, or something more).

How horrible to be so legalistic in the case of a baby though.

This actually has nothing to do with Islam.
Unlike the U.S., most countries don’t allow you to be a legal citizen/resident just because you are born there. Because the baby’s parents are not from the UAE, (they are from India) they had to apply for residency and therefore have to apply for residency for their children even if they are born in the UAE.

What they mean by “sponsor” is “pay”.
It costs money to apply for residency. The parents had enough money to pay for themselves, but after the baby was born, they didn’t have enough money to pay for her residency/application/fee. That means the baby is illegal and has to leave the country. I assume the parents are welcome to leave the country as well, but doing so may mean they cannot return for a sepcified number of years (if ever). Depending on the laws of their home country, they may also have to apply for the baby to be a citiczen of that country as well (because they no longer live there and it may not be automatic), costing them money either way.

This process is not as rare as you may think.

Thank you, and yes, it’s a shame that it is over a baby! :frowning:

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

why u love to use each news to bash Islam ? If u browse , u will see many cases where babies did not get permission to stay in USA , UK because parents had no legal permission to stay there.

In those cases , u started threads & asked --The descendants of Isaac (pbuh) and the fruits of Jesus (pbuh) refused to let him/ her stay with mother even though s/he was born in US/ Uk ??

PS. A good news for u : your flesh is no longer Muslim . A person who loves to bash Islam 24/7 , must not claim anymore that my Flesh: Muslim .

Please , Please , don’t die as a hypocrite – try to be a good Christian . Best of luck.

In the US, a child is a citizen if they are born here. However, it is a sticky question if the parent(s) are not legal residents. I am not familiar with any cases or outcomes, but I remember that anti-immigrant activists denounce these children as “anchor babies.”

A similar situation exists in Japan. A 13 year old recently had to choose between remaining in Japan, or returning to the Philippines with her parents who had been living in Japan illegally. The child chose Japan over her parents.
japantoday.com/category/national/view/filipino-couple-depart-japan-leaving-13-yr-old-daughter-behind

I agree with Fancyfrancie that the UAE case has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with the citizenship and residency laws of a country. Such problems as confronting the UAE baby (and parents) are global.
[/quote]

UAE is an Islamic country NOT a secular one, and its a member of Organization of The Islamic Conference which states:

The Organization is the collective voice of the Muslim world and ensuring to safeguard and protect the interests of the Muslim world in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony among various people of the world.

So they should treat people accordingly, and that what they are doing exactly, they grown up on the teaching of Islam which led to such discrimination and humiliation for other people living with them, that to fulfil the prophecy in (Genesis 16:12):
He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.

And for other members who compare USA/UK/Japan to UAE, that’s unfair comparison, UAE is officially Islamic country while USA/UK/Japan are secular countries and NOT Christian countries in any aspect.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.