1962 Missal for Australia?

I’ve searched the forums but didn’t find anything so was hoping if anyone could advise if the Angelus Press 1962 Missal is suitable for Australia? (I’d prefer to avoid the SSPX debate).

I have the Angelus Press missal. It doesn’t have the propers for Australia, if that’s what you’re looking for, otherwise I assume it’d be fine.

1 Like

Oh. That’s so odd (and kind of frustrating) because the Angelus Press 1962 Missal is the only 1962 version available in bookstores in Australia including my local Catholic bookstore.

There are a relatively small number of local feasts by country, in the EF. You’ll be fine with Angelus.

2 Likes

@OldCAFMember has a point. I think the US has maybe five total for them (off the top of my head, not sure that’s true). Canada has even less. The places with the EF in Australia would probably know this and would provide the propers for that day, and you could follow the rest in your missal.

I don’t know about the Angelus but I have the Baronius Press missal and it has a small number of local feasts for various countries including Aust.

1962 Roman Catholic Daily Missal
Is this the one you are referring to?

This is the one I have and on page 1 Feasts and Fasts Throughout The Year , it does mention Australia and New Zealand, including the Patronal Feasts in Australia and Days of Devotion in Australia. Not sure if that info is of any help to you.

1 Like

Thank you! That is exactly the one I am talking about. Unfortunately they shrink wrap them in plastic at my local Catholic bookshop so I couldn’t open it to look.

Happy to be of assistance. I think that one will be fine for you to use. It does make it difficult to decide whether to purchase a book if you can’t check whether it is what you want beforehand, due to packaging.

Baronius press also has them

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.