1962 Missal Propers During Advent

Can anyone tell me where I would find the propers for weekday mass during Advent in the 1962 Missal. I see pages for Sundays of Advent listed, but where do I find the Introit, Collect, Epistle etc. for weekdays during advent? Thanks in advance.

With the exception of the Ember Days (the Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday of the 3rd Week of Advent) there are no Propers for the weekday Masses other than Propers for the Feasts of the Saints.

If there is not Feast on that particular day then I believe the Propers of the previous Sunday may be used or a Votive Mass may be said.

James

Only the Ember Days would have propers in the EF.

Advent Ferias (until the 1970 Lectionary) would repeat the previous Sunday’s mass were there no special saint for the day.

OTOH, in the EF, there were propers for all the weekdays in Lent after the First Sunday.

So propers for ordinary week days outside of Lent and not only Sundays is an improvement and enrichment in the Ordinary Form.

It didn’t used to matter. What ever the day was it was usually a mass requested for someone who had died, and the requiem mass was used. :frowning:

One of the great improvements was to use the mass of the day, rather than the requiem mass, for such memorials.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.