1991 Obama was stamped 'Born in Kenya'

“… The text of the biography states: “Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation…etc…”

ooooooooo! Not looking good!

WND is not a reliable news site.

So in other words, this thread will probably be locked.

Is there a list somewhere? I looked and didn’t see anything about what you are saying.

It is also from Breitbart.com too, and a few others.

I like WND I find it very reliable.

[quote="Chipper, post:3, topic:284834"]
Is there a list somewhere? I looked and didn't see anything about what you are saying.

It is also from Breitbart.com too, and a few others.

I like WND I find it very reliable.

[/quote]

I think there was a rule like that at one time. The forum rules change a lot. It's hard to keep up with them. I also think Prison Planet was on the list.

But as far as that book goes, I heard it discussed today on Glenn Beck.

Well, when you consider the “reliability” of the MSM handling of the Zimmerman case, well, it sort of puts the definition of “Reliable” out the window eh?

Yes but you’re not a mod. What’s reliable and so forth has a degree of subjectivity to it.

There’s a temporary ban on that for sure. It’s the third sticky down the page.

This concerns a promotional brochure published by a PR firm 20 years ago. Even PR companies are known to make mistakes in what they write. It is pretty much a non-story, except for trivia buffs.

[quote="Dale_M, post:8, topic:284834"]
This concerns a promotional brochure published by a PR firm 20 years ago. Even PR companies are known to make mistakes in what they write.

[/quote]

I believe the claim is that Obama Reviewed it.

Man, are people still flogging this dead horse?

Look, the dude has been in the White House for 3 1/2 years now. Nothing will turn the clock back or undo most of what he has done thus far.

What on earth is the point?

quote from wnd.com/2012/05/breakthrough-on-eligibility-story/ :

Congratulations to Breitbart.com for reporting a story the site clearly didn’t care to publish.

It seems that in 1991, Barack Obama was indeed representing himself to his literary agency as “born in Kenya, raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

This documented revelation is one more of many smoking guns that expose Obama’s tendency to revise his personal narrative as a matter of convenience and for personal advantage.

The question is: Was he lying then or now?

But this development illustrates something else – why such a huge story of constitutional import could be neglected so badly by practically everyone in the media for four years.

from breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/17/The-Vetting-Barack-Obama-Literary-Agent-1991-Born-in-Kenya-Raised-Indonesia-Hawaii :

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama’s Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: ‘Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii’

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama’s then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

The booklet, which was distributed to “business colleagues” in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama’s anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White–which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.

Obama’s biography in the booklet is as follows (image and text below):

Really? You believe this PR manual is true but not the official birth certificate they released?

from breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/17/Obama-pamphlet-in-use-2007 :

Obama’s Lit Agency Used ‘Born in Kenya’ Bio Until 2007

According to archive.org, a website that caches websites on a regular basis, the Dystel.com website – the official website for Dystel & Goderich, Obama’s literary agents – was using the Barack Obama “born in Kenya” language until April 2007, just two months after then-Senator Obama declared his campaign for the presidency.

Archive.org shows that the Dystel website used the following biography for Obama as of April 3, 2007:

[INDENT]BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

Obama launched his presidential campaign in February 2007.

By April 21, 2007, the Obama bio had been changed to state that Obama was born in Hawaii:[/INDENT]

Thanks for the link!!:thumbsup:

Now, like Father Z said, lets get him OUT of office!:slight_smile:

PAX

[quote="Megan7, post:15, topic:284834"]
Thanks for the link!!:thumbsup:

Now, like Father Z said, lets get him OUT of office!:)

PAX

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Who knows what's the truth and did he lie then, or does he lie now, but one thing is sure: we need to get him out of office! :D

As an Obama supporter I love this stuff,

I just wish it got more press. I really do. The fringe needs to get their act together and get this stuff on CNN as whenever this type of stuff gets into the public eye Obama’s ratings rise.

Interesting huh?

from breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/17/A-Fact-Checking-Error-Repeated-Multiple-Times-Over-Several-Years-by-Different-Agencies :

A ‘Fact Checking Error’–Again, and Again, and Again…

Goderich’s statement fails to explain why the “fact checking error” persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel’s website, and through at least four different versions of Obama’s biography.

It persisted, in fact, more than two years after Obama became a United States Senator, and until after Obama had declared his campaign for the presidency in 2007.

In addition to the 1991 biography above (#1), here, via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama’s biography (#2) on the Dystel.com website in June 1998, in which the text has been updated but the birthplace error has been repeated:

Here, again via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama’s updated biography on the Dystel & Goderich website in February 2005 (#3), updated to reflect the fact that Obama had become a U.S. Senator–but not corrected as regards his birthplace:

And here, once again via archive.org, is a screen shot of Obama’s biography on the updated Dystel & Goderich website in April 2007 (#4), revealing that the text had been modified slightly–but the birthplace had not:

May I ask why a Catholic would support Obama??
Aren’t there ANY Democrat politicians who support Worker’s Rights
and Social Justice for the poor, who DON’T
support:
**Abortion On Demand in all cases.**Partial-birth Abortion.
Opposing the Protection of Born-Alive
Infants from being killed by Abortion doctors once they are actually outside
of the birth canal
(( Mr. O led the charge in opposing the
Born Alive Infants Protection Act in the Illinois legislature, revealing
just HOW fanatically pro-Abortion he is. We’re talking about
not killing live-born babies here !! )).
**The Entire Militant Gay Agenda **
Eroding America’s Constitution by Making It Subservient To the United Nations((which, really, is a violation of the oath he took to SUPPORT and DEFEND
…that Constitution from all enemies, FOREIGN and Domestic)) ??
Destroying the Constitutionally Mandated Separation of Powers by Eroding the Authority of the Legislative Branch via the Continual Use of Executive Orders and RECESS Appointments made when the Senate is IN SESSION and NOT in “Recess”??
I will grant that the man is a charming and eloquent speaker,
but so was the snake in the Garden of olden days.
I will not face the Judgement Seat of God and try to stammeringly explain to Him
why I continued to support this man, or others like him, when I knew what he stood for and actively promoted. I would be petrified to do so.
I am a Catholic now, and have enough to answer for in faults as it is.
Supporting an avid promoter of extremely wicked things, is not going to be one of them,
thank y’all very much.

As for the “BORN IN KENYA” part, and the soul who
referred to it as, I think, beating a dead horse?

It’s not a dead horse. I am not convinced by the birthers,
but there IS enough evidence to give us PAUSE, that’s for sure.
The claims are not as outlandish now, as they were when they were primarily
rumors in 2007/2008. There’s a growing body of circumstantial evidence to
strongly suggest that this might be true.

It is not a dead horse, and those who say that if it turns out to be true,
it would have no affect on what he has done the past 3 years, are mistaken.
Whether we agree with the Law or not, a NON-U.S.A.-Born person is NOT
allowed under our Laws, even if he or she is now a citizen and so for very many years,
to be elected, nor serve as, President of the USA.
**** If ** **he was not born here, that is not a dead horse, and it would, definitely,
affect ***every last thing *** that he has signed into law or enacted via Executive Order.
Every last one of those things, most especially the Executive Orders,
would be *absolutely * Null and Void. Yes, if true, the Born In Kenya assertion
would definitely have a huge affect on what he has done the past 3 years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.