1st grade class attends gay marriage

blog.catholicvote.com/?p=336

SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 11 (UPI) — A group of San Francisco first-graders took a field trip to City Hall to attend the marriage of their lesbian teacher.

The students from the18 Creative Arts Charter School students took a city bus to City Hall to toss rose petals and blow bubbles on their just-married teacher Erin Carder and her wife Kerri McCoy, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Saturday.

The newspaper reported that a parent came up with the idea for the field trip, which was a surprise for the teacher.

The school’s interim director Liz Jaroflow said the field trip was educational.

“It really is what we call a teachable moment,” Jaroflow said.

No doubt, a teachable moment. :eek:

too bad they were being taught that sin isnt sin or even bad. i cant believe only 2 parents didnt sign the permission slips.

This disgusts me.

What disgusts me more is if it had been a field trip to a church there would have been massive outcries, protests, lynch mobs, and probably a full-scale riot.

Probably a little more disturbing is that if the field trip had been to a mosque, it would have been equally received as a same-sex union at a courthouse. Lame.

People need to sort out their priorities.

Somehow I suspect she would object if a parent used the moment to teach the child to distrust anything the school says until the child has checked with the parent. :eek:

Unbelievable.

Just goes to show what “tolerance” really means.

i refuse to tolerate sin. gay marriage is a nonnegotiable moral issue. trying to pass this off as normal to children is sick. corrupting children is a horrid sin, i will not tolerate.

we need to keep fighting back against the wicked crusade being fought against morality before more states fall, and more children are fooled into accepting sin.

What has the world come to, corrupting young minds like that!:eek:

From what I understand, parents had to sign a permission slip to attend this event, like any other school trip. No big deal if parents are saying their kids are welcome to attend.

Indeed there is a wicked crusade out there over this issue, but you’re dead wrong about which side is the wicked one.

Perhaps you could enlighten us, especially by defining “wicked” as you understand it.

The kids needed a permission slip to attend the gay wedding.
But no permission slip was needed or required for this.

Sure, after all, if parents had to sign a permission slip, that just about makes it okay, right? You have a problem with our school’s trip to a KKK meeting? Just don’t sign the slip. The problem here is exactly what oponents of gay marriage worried about. It isn’t just about granting “equal rights”, as the gay marriage advocates argue. After that step, it starts to be promoted, especially in the public schools. After all, when was the last time we heard of kids taken to a heterosexual wedding as a “learning experience”?

that statement just boggles the mind. did you not get what side i am on? if you did get it could you please elaborate on your remarks then, because i just cannot understand how taking the Church’s side could be wicked.

you know maybe i just missed it, but i have seen several articles on this story and none showed a permission slip. a couple mentioned it but i want to see it.

i wonder if the slip just said ‘trip to city hall for civis lesson’ because i could see a lot of parents signing that. did it actually say ‘gay wedding permission’ because with polls showing the majority of california opposed to it i find it hard to believe that 90% of the parents were in favor of it.

I don’t know. Earlier posts made reference to a permission slip and I took that as being correct, but I haven’t seen the source for it.

My own link was to a different story, in which a parent objected to his 5 year old son being provided a book which showed gay parents as just another normal family, and requested to be able to opt out of such lessons. The option he got was being hauled off to jail.

Like all other field trips, parents gave permission for their children to go on the trek to city hall. Only two children opted out of the 90 minute trip.

advocate.com/news_detail_ektid63705.asp

they had permission, but for what i wonder. dissent is only tolerated these days if it comes from the left.

Actually, he was requested to leave after making his complaint and refused. He was asked to leave several times…and refused…he was arrested for tresspassing after being asked to make an appointment to discuss the matter…he refused.

Arrested? Yes, for tresspassing after being asked to leave…he was not arrested for making his thoughts known.

There is another thread that deals with this…to claim he was arrested for objecting to his son attending…simply is not true…he was arrested for making a stir evidently and not leaving when asked to leave…he was arrested for tresspassing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.