20/20 and Heaven: what is it? How Do We Get There?

I thought 20/20 looked good tonight. Barbara Walters interviews people from around the world and of different religious beliefs share their views on heaven. The 3 religions/people I know she is talking to are The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), Dalai Lama and Jihad. I am sure there are more.

Since so many different beliefs on the Non- Catholic Religions forum I thought this would be interesting to discuss.

You can watch 3 videos abcnews.go.com/2020

Joy beyond all joy, and bliss beyond all bliss. Die.

peace

Well it will be interesting what other Churches are they interview

The surest way into heaven and the only way we know of is to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, accept Christ as your Savior, and repent of your sins. Other than this we cannot know and should not speculate, lest we mislead ourselves.

The mainstreaming of mormonism as an acceptable alternative has started.

-Tim-

Heaven is Fullness of Communion with God

Heaven as the fullness of communion with God was the theme of the Holy Father's catechesis at the General Audience of 21 July 1999. Heaven "is neither an abstraction not a physical place in the clouds, but a living, personal relationship with the Holy Trinity. It is our meeting with the Father which takes place in the risen Christ through the communion of the Holy Spirit," the Pope said.

1. When the form of this world has passed away, those who have welcomed God into their lives and have sincerely opened themselves to his love, at least at the moment of death, will enjoy that fullness of communion with God which is the goal of human life.

As the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches, "this perfect life with the Most Holy Trinity this communion of life and love with the Trinity, with the Virgin Mary, the angels and all the blessed is called "heaven'. Heaven is the ultimate end and fulfilment of the deepest human longings, the state of supreme, definitive happiness" (n.1024).

Blessed John Paul II The Great, Pope

Ok, I get it. I was not trying to start a debate. It is just a 20/20.

I AM Catholic so telling me what the church teaches isn’t really going to change my mind since I know that already.

I also never stated I wanted to join these religions. I have a Theology degree so I find interviews with different faiths interesting- it doesn’t mean I want to participate or join them. I was taught it is good to learn about others for it strengthens your own faith and helps to defend your own.

Sorry for the confusion. Just remember that Barbara Walters could interview someone who is Catholic. Those are just the 3 highlighted. I am sorry I started this thread because it is not doing what it was intended. I guess I have more of an open mind…

[quote="PattyPryor, post:7, topic:290613"]
I guess I have more of an open mind...

[/quote]

You must be new to CAF. Open minds are not appreciated around here.

[quote="TimothyH, post:5, topic:290613"]
The mainstreaming of mormonism as an acceptable alternative has started.

-Tim-

[/quote]

That is my fear :(

[quote="BettyBoop416, post:8, topic:290613"]
You must be new to CAF. Open minds are not appreciated around here.

[/quote]

I am not- took a break- I'm sorry

Christians are also discussed- Roman catholics too

Don’t be discouraged Patty, we’re all here in Gods name. We’re all just trying to do what we think is right -and it’s good when religion gets airtime on television, especially when it’s in a positive light.

[quote="PattyPryor, post:1, topic:290613"]
I thought 20/20 looked good tonight. Barbara Walters interviews people from around the world and of different religious beliefs share their views on heaven. The 3 religions/people I know she is talking to are The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), Dalai Lama and Jihad. I am sure there are more.

Since so many different beliefs on the Non- Catholic Religions forum I thought this would be interesting to discuss.

You can watch 3 videos abcnews.go.com/2020

[/quote]

I understood that Jihad is "holy war" and not necessarily the kind being fought in the Middle East or by fundamentalist groups. But in any case, isn't Islam the religion, and jihad something some of them do? Just trying to be clear. Or do you mean jihadists, people who practice overt jihad because of interpretation of Islamic texts?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.