24,000-Year-Old Body Is Kin to Both Europeans and American Indians

The genome of a young boy buried at Mal’ta near Lake Baikal in eastern Siberia some 24,000 years ago has turned out to hold two surprises for anthropologists.

The first is that the boy’s DNA matches that of Western Europeans, showing that during the last Ice Age people from Europe had reached farther east across Eurasia than previously supposed.

nytimes.com/2013/11/21/science/two-surprises-in-dna-of-boy-found-buried-in-siberia.html?smid=re-share&_r=0

I like to think of myself as an amateur anthropologist. This is very interesting. Thanks for the share :slight_smile:

Of perhaps further interest is the case of the Tarim mummies in the Altai region of China. Not only are they obviously European in features, hair color, and physiognomy generally, but some wear tartan-patterned cloth that is exactly like some of the current patterns in Scotland and Ireland. Those mummies are about 5,000 years old.

google.com/search?q=tarim+mummies&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS486#q=tarim+mummies+photos&revid=1126957263&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox

Also interesting is that the DNA of northern Chinese has more in common with that of Europeans than it does with southern Chinese.

Also interesting is the fact that some of the points (arrowheads, spear heads) found in the U.S. do not resemble those of Asia, but resemble those found in France.

That is really cool. I am not sure what else to say about it though. But thanks for posting this, Birdpreacher! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.