2nd Texas health worker with Ebola will be moved to Atlanta [flew the day before]

The second Dallas health care worker who contracted the Ebola virus was on a flight the day before her symptoms, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.

Now, the CDC wants to interview all 132 passengers who were on the plane with her.

cnn.it/1sJ6ti2

CDC says 2nd nurse had no fever but “we will ensure from this moment forward” anyone on EVD watch not travel commercially

From the article:

The woman “exhibited no symptoms or sign of illness while on Flight 1143, according to the crew,” Frontier Airlines said in a statement.

Earlier, she flew from Dallas-Fort Worth to Cleveland on Frontier Flight 1142 on October 10.

The airline said customers who may have traveled on either flight should contact the CDC at 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636). But the CDC statement, contained in the same news release, said the CDC wanted to speak only with passengers of the October 13 flight. The CDC later confirmed to CNN that it is “only interested” in the passengers on Flight 1143.

Hopefully she is being truthful that she did not have any symptoms.
If she was monitored how did she get on a commercial aircraft?

Dallas all the way to Atlanta?

Every county or multi county area needs to establish a ‘dirty’ hospital or facility set apart from mainstream healthcare…and learn to properly deal with ebola.

The time is now.

I think someone needs to investigate the CDC.
They aren’t prepared for any type of pandemic or outbreak.

Maybe it is good this happened so we can see how they operate and have a tendency not to be totally upfront with the American people.

The CDC, the state and city authorities, and especially the hospital need their response to this outbreak investigated. No skipping levels, no excuses for not being prepared.

Personally, I see a financial angle in not preparing until the time for preparing has passed.

I’m astounded that any nurse who knew that she had treated a patient with Ebola and was on a 21 day monitoring plan to see if she gets sick would travel. There has been a lot of local news on the Dallas ebola situation since we are not that far away.

Oh yes

Cities/counties need to designate a ‘dirty’ facility to treat ebola…and NOT the best place. Not the place where mainstream care helps most patients for a variety of reasons. It needs to be a disposable location. I don’t mean to sound heartless but these victims would be lined up like hotdogs on the grill with IVdrips, emesis/bed pans.

Using the prime healthcare facility for ebola in any given city or area would shut it down and be an enormous financial deficit in the long run.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpzxNoLZx0w

A documentary comparing the 1918 Spanish Influenza pandemic with modern-day health capabilities, in the event of an act of bioterrorism or any large-scale infectious disease outbreak.

I totally agree with you here, nobody did a good job here.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.