3:00 pm vs 3:00 am

I have learned that 3:00pm is a powerful hour for prayer. Now is 3:00am hour the devil’s hour?

I ask this because, at this time my marriage has been going through troubling times. Although I pray in the morning and pray the rosary at night. I have been waking up almost everyday within the 3:00am hour. Upset, waking up my husband just to tell him how much he has hurt me. I can not stand it…and I now it is unhealthy for us to do this. Could it be that devil is trying to break me???

(((((((((((erazo)))))))))))

I’ve never heard anything about any hour being the devil’s hour.

I would guess that all the turmoil you’ve been going through is causing you sleep problems, and that’s why you’re waking up (barring any physical issues).

Perhaps when you wake like this, you can try to pray instead of waking your husband. Jesus told us 3:00 is the hour of great mercy and He told St. Faustina that we should all pray the chaplet of Divine Mercy at this time if possible. Maybe you can pray the chaplet then. I believe Jesus meant 3 p.m., since that is when He died on the cross, but I’m sure 3 a.m. will be just fine too – there’s never a bad time to pray. :wink: Most likely, this will soothe your soul and perhaps help you get back to sleep. :slight_smile:

Erazo- yes, this has been reported. There is something about 3AM, many people have experienced it. It symbolically represents something, I believe.

When I was converting, stuff happened at 3AM, bad things. You’re not alone.

Another reason is that once you start waking up at a certain time, your body gets used to it and does it on it’s own.

Roll over and go back to sleep.

the devil does not have an hour. all times belong to God, who created time.

Even though it’s 3AM where you are, remember what Jimmy Buffet said:

• i’ts 3 o’clock somewhere…* :smiley:

I do not think the devil is stronger at any time of the day. Remember, the Lord is always there for you no matter what time it is.

You are being prayed for.
:blessyou:

The 3AM thing was featured in the movie *The Exorcism of Emily Rose, *which is problematic in some areas, but pretty good in others if you can weather the overall creepiness. I don’t recommend it to the op, who does not need anymore creeping out.

There seems to be various opinions on when the “witching hour” is (midnight, or 3AM, or midnights of a full moon) , but many occult practitioners I imagine believe there is such thing as a witching hour.

But as to the specific problem, I will pray for you. Whether there is something specific about 3AM isn’t really the main point because waking up the hubby at 3am to harangue him is a problem in itself (I know I’d be less than friendly even with a wife I adore! :slight_smile: ). So my advice, if you wake up at 3am, don’t wake the hubby, but pray. I recommend St. Michael, and holy water. If there is an overwhelming desire to wake hubby, that’s an internal problem, and probably not demons.

God bless you

Been reported where and by whom? In a movie?
Bad stuff happens at all hours of the day. There is nothing about 3AM.

Please let’s refrain from trying to upset the OP more then she is.
You know what I have heard about the 3AM hour? It’s the hour that Jesus rose. Turn your mindset around and remember Jesus. Perhaps He is calling you to resurrect your loving relationship.

Plus it’s 3PM somewhere at all times.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whatever you say buddy… :thumbsup:

I also heard that 3am was the time Jesus rose. Regardless, if you wake at this hour make an effort to turn your thoughts to Him, particularly if you feel frightened or threatened.

According to the tv show Paranormal State…

3am is a time when demonic activity is at its strongest. The reason is that it is believed Christ died at 3pm. To mock his death, it has been inverted to 3am by evil ones.

Hope this clears it up.

I’ve never heard of or seen the show, but my initial reaction to your comments is that, with all due respect, a TV show shouldn’t be used as a source for proof on this type of thing. :rolleyes: (with the exception maybe of something on EWTN)

Here’s what I found at the website:

PARANORMAL STATE is a half-hour series chronicling the extraordinary life of Ryan Buell and other members of the Penn State University Club The Paranormal Research Society (PRS) as they seek to find the truth behind terrifying real life mysteries, hauntings and ghosts. In some ways, the members of PRS are your basic college kids - dealing with the problems of school, dating, and finding their way in the world. The difference is that these students are drawn to examining “other” worlds as well – working on cases that include ghosts, hauntings and other paranormal phenomena. Each week, they are contacted for help by outside parties ranging from the Catholic Church to ordinary families who are terrified by unusual events in their homes.

source: aetv.com/paranormal-state/ps-about.jsp

I highly doubt the Catholic Church is contacting a bunch of college kids who are dabbling in the occult. The Catechism teaches we are to stay away from exactly the types of things this show apparently focuses on:

Divination and magic

2115 God can reveal the future to his prophets or to other saints. Still, a sound Christian attitude consists in putting oneself confidently into the hands of Providence for whatever concerns the future, and giving up all unhealthy curiosity about it. Improvidence, however, can constitute a lack of responsibility.

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future.48 Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another’s credulity.

I’m not trying to be mean or hurtful, just trying to point out Church teaching.

And your comments help how?
And your sources are whom?:confused:

Tis far better to focus on Jesus.

Any time of day, when one is feeling weak or vulnerable, is a time when one can be worked on by the devil. It can be 10 am, or 6 pm.

Most likely you are waking up at 3 am because you are worried, and upset, and are more likely to wake at that time in the night anyway. I know my sleep is lightest between midnight and 4(i.e,. i’m more likely to be wakeful if I’m worried about something and find it hard to go back to sleep), but my husband can’t be woken up by an atomic bomb. But between 4 and 8, I’m dead to the world and am very unlikely to wake up and find it easy to go back to sleep even if I do wake.

My suggestion would be to pray if you can’t go back to sleep. Often reciting a decade of the rosary is very calming and conducive to sleep. I would not, as you have been doing, wake up my husband and remind him of all he’s done to hurt me. That would only make things worse, and I suspect it’s contributing to your marriage problems. You cannot truly forgive if you continue to remind the other person of the pain they’ve caused you.

I don’t remember who said it, but there’s a saying that goes, “Holding onto hatred is like drinking poison and expecting it to kill your enemy.”

I’ve also heard that 3 am is the “devils hour” in an attempt to mock the 3 pm hour of mercy. I dunno if this is true or not, but if you wake up in the middle of the night disturbed, pray to Mary and say the St. Michael’s prayer.

When I used to work night turn (7p-7a) I used to get really bad heartburn around 3 in the morning just about every night I worked…that’s about all I know about this hour :wink:

So are you saying this is the hour of heartburn?:smiley:

For me it sure was! Never failed…3 am would roll around and whammo! My chest felt like it was on fire…that was the only thing I hated about night turn :frowning:

I don’t need sources. My sources are my own experiences!

I agree that its better to focus on Jesus. That’s why I don’t care to recount what my experiences are.

This is my line of thinking as well. I wouldn’t give so much power to the enemy to give him his own hour.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.