3 children found starved in hotel bathroom

Another horrific story about children in the news today. This is truly awful, God help those poor little ones.

"3 children found starved in hotel bathroom
Officials say kids were so emaciated they threw up when first fed

DALLAS - Three children were kept in a hotel bathroom for about a year and were “horribly emaciated” when police found them earlier this month, authorities said. One claimed to have been repeatedly sexually assaulted."…

Entire article here: msnbc.msn.com/id/32091786/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

The whole situation is just awful. :mad::(:sad_yes: Those poor kids. I hope they can all eventually come through this healthy and stable.

"Boyfriend: I’m the Victim, Not Kids in Bathroom

The man who is accused of locking three starving children in a motel bathroom for nearly a year told The Dallas Morning News that he is the one who has suffered abuse."…

Entire article here: msnbc.msn.com/id/32092501/

OK…what I’m going to say is sinful, but I can’t help what I am thinking…I hope that these two people( and I use that term loosely)…that abused these children, go to the hell that they belong in…sorry…but those poor children have been living in a hell…I’m going to pray that they find loving homes and somehow grow up normal…

The mom finally did the right thing and called the police, but it is my opinion that the best thing for those kids would be to be taken from her and raised in loving, stable homes with as much support and counseling that they need to put this horror behind them. As far as the adults, hopefully, the law and courts and judge and jury will justly deal with them and they’ll get what they deserve. And, of course, they will answer to God someday too.

That’s a much nicer way of putting it, I just had a moment of “unchristianess”…:frowning:

The thought of what those poor little ones suffered is enough to make anyone have a moment. Don’t worry, I understand completely. :slight_smile: I just hope the children can have normal, stable, healthy lives after the horrors they’ve been subjected to for so long.

That remains to be seen.I wonder if the older kids went to school or not.If they did, why didn’t anyone notice anything was wrong with them.I still can’t believe that not one of the people who lived or stayed at the place, didn’t hear the kids crying when they got beat up or assulted.
I hope there is a special place reserved in hell for people like this and that the punishment they recieve is the same as what they gave these poor kids and worse.

life is cheap…

why should parents bother caring for children they find difficult to deal with (and when is that not the case?)… when they could just as easily have gotten rid of them before birth?

this is the subconscious mentality that results from abortion on demand… it poisons all of society… not just mother and aborted child…

When I volunteered for the SVDP society in our parish, frequently we were called to the SRO hotels that housed whole families. Our society seems to forget about the weakest and the numbers are growing with this struggling economy we live in.

Rather than condemn we need to provide better social services for families in crisis.
We can’t rely on government institutions to do it either. We have to be alert in our own community.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.