3 Columbus (Indiana) churches vandalized with graffiti overnight

**3 Columbus churches vandalized with graffiti overnight
COLUMBUS, Ind. - Columbus Police said they’ve never had anything like it - three churches vandalized in the same night.

Someone spray painted them on the outside. It’s the words used, though, that have some people asking if this was more than a prank.

“It was just one word. It said ‘Infidels!’” Father Doug Marcotte said of what was spray painted on Saint Bartholomew’s Catholic Church in Columbus overnight Saturday.

Parishioners saw that, along with the word “Qur’an 3:151” on their way into mass Sunday morning.

“It’s certainly not a warm and fuzzy verse. It talks about the infidels, their refuge being the fire,” explained Father Marcotte.

wthr.com/story/26416131/2014/08/31/3-columbus-churches-vandalized-with-graffiti-overnight

A story from Drudge Report.

Could be kids doing pranks, could be more serious. I hope the culprits are caught.

Note, “Infidels” and quotes from the Koran were part of the vandalism.

Unfortunately, islamic militarism is on the rise again and has been f or years. not all muslims are bad, just as not all catholics are good. but still, this is problematic. If the body of christ is the kingdom of god, what is its security and its military?

One of the parishes calls itself Home of the Crusaders", an interesting sidenote I was not familiar with. Now that I think about it, that may well be what they call their sports teams, basketball, etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.