3-Minute Video: "Nurse Testifies on Being Forced To Do Abortion: 'I Still Have Nightmares.'"

“My faith in God and the Catholic Church’s teachings about the sanctity of all human life further inspired my career in nursing,” this woman said.

In 2004, she served as an operating-room nurse at a New York hospital. For five years, her bosses assured her that she wouldn’t be compelled to assist in or perform abortions.

But that changed in May 2009, when she was ordered to perform an abortion on a 22-week-old unborn child…

In this video she tells of what happened and about her great horror.

Trump Administration Uses Civil Rights Laws To Protect Pro-Life Health Care Workers

Not to belittle her plight, but I would never be able to do that. I would assume sooner or later I would be forced to take a stand. It’s just a matter of time! Someone calls off and you’re forced to assist in the sin. Never ever assume you won’t be tested if your employer carries out unethical practices. It’s a terrible situation to find oneself in; however, you can always say NO.

That video was hard to watch, and she had no idea the procedure was going to be an abortion before it started.

It reminds me of another story that was posted about a doctor refusing to go against their conscience.

https://forums.catholic.com/t/news-report-god-won-doctor-fired-for-pro-life-stance-wins-major-court-case-in-norway/460193

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.