3 month old, no brain wave activity

We have a sweet 3 month old niece who just went through surgery this past Friday. Due to complications during surgery, she coded twice and is now on life support. After a CT scan this morning, they are picking up no brain wave activity. Prayers please! For her mom, dad and two sisters ages 8 and 10 plus for all the family members involved. God graced us with this little angel for such a short period of time, we must have faith in knowing there is a plan involving all of us using this angel as our guide.

Lord have mercy, please be with this family in a very special way. Comfort their hearts and help them through this most difficult time, in Jesus name.

Our Father Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord God, please be with the family of this little girl. Help them to stay strong in faith, love, and hope. Oh father of all mercy, gather these people close to you and bring them comfort and peace in troubled times. Good Shepard, watch over your sheep always. Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Amen.

You have my prayers. I am so sorry.

Praying. :gopray:

Dear Lord:
We know you have a plan for this little girl and her family. Please if it is your will, heal her from this condition. If that is not your will please let this little girl’s life impact those around her in a way that will bring everyone closer to you and give her family peace.

Glory be to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen

I will pray for you all…I had a similar experience with my daughter who was born by emergency c-section…she was without a heart beat for almost 10 minutes…and then her CT scan showed significant brain swelling and damage…
We were given a worst case scenario that she would be a vegetable in a wheelchair if she survived. Despite the fact they recommended she be taken off life support, my husband and I refused the offer and she miraculously pulled through and is not even close to a vegetable in a wheelchair. She lives an almost normal life, except with some learning difficulties.

One thing I did was pray over my daughter, with my hands just above her body…it was my way of holding her, since I was unable to really hold her.

I know that GOd is looking after your precious niece and hope that you know that she is very well looked after, as are all of you who love her.

I will pray tonite at 6:00 pm PST. With all my heart. If anyone would care to join me at 6 pm Pacific Time…that would be great,to pray

Lord have mercy, please be with this family in a very special way. Comfort their hearts and help them through this most difficult time, in Jesus name.

Our Father Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, o Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Praying hard for a miracle for this precious child.

Jesus please enfold this family within Your merciful love.
Embrace them in their sorrow, and let them feel surrounded by Your loving presence.
Mother Mary, please comfort the family.

Amen.

This is a note from Kristens mom:

My heart is so heavy right now. Kristen handled the switchover from the oscillating ventilator to the regular one wonderfully. Once the switch was made and they were sure she was stable, they took her down for a CT scan of her brain. The images were fairly definitive that the brain had sustained too much damage during the 1 1/2 - 2 hours of chest compressions on Friday.

They’ve taken her off all medications that will affect her brain (paralytic, sedative and pain meds) and plan to see what happens by around noon tomorrow (24 hours). They don’t expect any purposeful movement, but are giving ample time before we need to make any decisions.

We are not giving up, so please, please continue to pray! We are, however, trying to prepare ourselves for what may be ahead. It’s not good, and it hurts beyond what words can express. We thank you and cherish all the many kind and encouraging words. We know that God can still, even now, restore Kristen’s brain; we pray that He will.

** The 24 hours was at noon today, Monday. Her two sisters were to arrive to see her this afternoon also. We do not have an update at this time, but please keep this family in your prayers. Thank you so much for all of the heartfelt comments and prayers.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and
ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Thanks be to God. Thanks for the update…I will continue to pray for your niece and the whole family every evening at 6:00 pm PST…if anyone on the forum wishes to pray at the same time…thats great…but of course anytime is great.

As well, I cant get to morning mass at the Cathedral til this Thursday…but afterwards, I will get everyone to pray for her…

Never give up…not even if the Doctor’s say all hope is lost…thats what they said about my daughter and she pulled through and she was a newborn. God will be with you and so will the prayers of many

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please, Have Mercy! We are asking for You to descend upon this child, Lord, flood this child with Your Love and Your Healing. We know, Lord, that in You all things are possible, and we ask for what doctors may say is impossible to be possible. Lord, not my will, but Yours be done. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.