3 Mounties killed, 2 wounded -Canada

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.com%2Fnews%2Fcanada%2F2014%2F06%2F04%2Freports_of_multiple_rcmp_officers_shot_in_moncton.html&ei=rEKQU6KzGI-YyASKhILIAQ&usg=AFQjCNFyyZwKRS56ptPTCkYUgc_4xLuy2A

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCQQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworldnews%2Fnorthamerica%2Fcanada%2F10876925%2FCanada-shooting-manhunt-for-police-killer.html&ei=rEKQU6KzGI-YyASKhILIAQ&usg=AFQjCNEa2oTOw_oYASF1uf0CbWV966HdaA

“Three police officers **** dead in the city of Moncton and two more were wounded as they conducted a manhunt for a man carrying a rifle and wearing camouflage clothes, on Wednesday.
“Around 7:30, on June 4th, while responding to a call of an armed man in the north end of the city of Moncton, three of Codiac Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers were shot and killed.
Two other officers were also injured but their life is not threatened at this time,” said Constable Damien Theriault of the Codiac RCMP.
Police said they were searching for Justin Bourque, 24, and urged residents to stay inside and lock their doors.
Moncton, a city of about 70,000 people, is located in Canada’s east coast province of New Brunswick. Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada, which has stricter gun laws than the US.”

The US phenomena is spreading to Canada? :frowning: “Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada”

Last night on Facebook I became aware of it as I have some friends down in Moncton. Fortunately all were safe but the city is essentially shut down today while the man hunt continues.

No amount of gun laws can stop a psycho from doing this.

Lets all pray for a peaceful end:signofcross::highprayer:

:thumbsup: Amen.

Horrible story.

My prayers are with their families.

Wow. How sad. :(:frowning:

All of Atlantic Canada is in shock today. I have no words, just an intense sorrow. Praying for the three murdered RCMP officers, and that the gunman will be caught quickly.

I pray for the souls of the Policemen and
for their families!

Our Father, who is in heaven,
Your name be held holy,
Your kingdom come,
Your WILL be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive our trespasses as we forgive our trespassers,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

I live near Moncton myself, so I was deeply disturbed upon hearing the news last night. One of my siblings heard the shots. Staying safe indoors with the kids until further notice.

Praying for the souls of the fallen and all those affected. Lord, please help us find this man and return peace to this city. Be there for all the helpers who must be brave and risk their lives for our safety.

The suspect has been arrested.

Police arrested Justin Bourque, 24, shortly after midnight local time in Moncton, a city of about 70,000 in the East Coast province of New Brunswick.

The arrest was witnessed by Moncton resident Michelle Thibodeau, CBC News reported. She told the broadcaster that after several police officers moved into her backyard, Bourque emerged from a patch of trees with his hands up and said, “I’m done.”

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superintendent Marlene Snowman told a media briefing that Bourque was unarmed at the time, although there were weapons found in the vicinity.

“This is the outcome that we wanted. We wanted to have the arrest as quick as possible without any further injury or death to anyone. And that is what occurred and we are extremely pleased and proud of all the officers and the public that assisted us,” she said.

reuters.com/article/2014/06/06/us-canada-shooting-idUSKBN0EG24Z20140606

Thanks be to God that it ended with no further violence.

Eternal rest grant unto them oh Lord and may perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.