3 personal questions for catholics

Hi all, I would love for as many to answer in their own way as are willing,thanks.

1] what does it mean to you that Jesus died on cross as savior?

2] What is faith in god/faith in Jesus mean to you? What does it mean to put faith in Jesus and god?.

3] Ultimately at your day of judgment, what will you look to in hopes of receiving haven?

Thanks again.

“He (Jesus) payed a debt He didn’t owe, because we had a debt we couldn’t pay” - IDK
Jesus gave His life as ransom for our/my sins because He loves us/me.

To believe to the point of obedience. I say this with an awareness that my will alone is insufficient, but that by God’s grace I can be an instrument of His peace.

The grace of God.

He gave His life, so that I might have eternal life in heaven.

2] What is faith in god/faith in Jesus mean to you? What does it mean to put faith in Jesus and god?.

It means that I believe in what God has told us through the Bible; it means that I believe that Jesus said and did what is written about Him in Scripture; it means that I believe that God hasn’t just left the Church a book and said “go at it!”, but continues to teach us through the charism of Apostolic Tradition (i.e., the teaching of the successors of the apostles).

3] Ultimately at your day of judgment, what will you look to in hopes of receiving haven?

I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking for here. Are you asking what will be the determining factor for the judgment of heaven or hell?

Faith in Jesus; incorporation into the Body of Christ through baptism; reception of the sacraments (especially the Eucharist, so that “I have life in me”); living out Christ’s message in the way I lead my life.

Remember – Jesus will separate us into ‘sheep’ and ‘goats’, and His criteria will be “whatever you did to the least of my brothers, so you did unto me,” because “he who loves me keeps my commands”… :wink:

What a beautiful way to begin my day – meditating on the love of Our Lord for us! God bless you for asking these questions!

1. The Spotless Lamb took upon himself my sins, and the sins of all mankind, from Adam and Eve to the last man on earth, out of love for us. Not even our own deaths would be sufficient payment for the debt we owed to God, so God himself became man and took our debt as his own.

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Is. 53:5).

1. To me, faith in God means placing my life in his hands and entering into an ongoing, life-transforming, eternal relationship with him – a relationship that begins in this life and continues into eternity! It means walking a straight line to him amidst the turbulence of highs and lows in this life.

It means taking up my cross daily and following him. It means demonstrated my love for him by keeping his commandments. It means serving him in the least of my brothers. It means taking his yoke upon me and learning from him, for he is meek and gentle of heart.

“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of everlasting life” (John 6:68).
“To be near God is my happiness. I have made the Lord God my refuge” (Ps. 73:28).

1. The grace and mercy of God.

That it is for the sake of His sorrowful passion that God has mercy on sinners such as I.

It is an active faith which calls me to obedience to His commands as I take up my cross daily and follow Him. In very practical terms that means that I love my neighbor as myself in a tangible way as laid out in St. James’ epistle and Matthew 25:31-46.

I often think on this and I believe that when at last I see Him face to face I will fall at His feet and say with St. Thomas “My Lord and my God” knowing that only by His merciful sacrifice will I have any hope at all.

Thanks again.

You’re welcome. For an excellent message of hope and salvation please take the time to carefully read God’s Love for You

Human sin placed Jesus on the cross: arrogance and pride, hatred for and rebellion against God, preference for ourselves over Him. And yet He forgave us all the while. In Jesus sinful humanity and God are reconciled-in His very Person! And we follow Him in this union with God, to the extent we’re willing.

Faith is restored relationship between man and God so that we now know that God exists, God is good, trustworthy, and loves man beyond our imagination and desires us to live with Him in eternal happiness. Faith means communion with God, apart from Whom we can do nothing. Jesus came to seek, find, and save the lost.

I will look to Him to judge me. And He’ll judge based on what I did with what He gave. A salvific work of His that He nonetheless wants me to work out with Him.

Jesus died on the cross to open the Gates of Heaven for us. He died for the redemption of the human race and to teach us the path towards salvation and holiness.

I’m not sure I know how to put this in words… Jesus is God. My Faith in God helps to bring my life focus and make sense of this world. It also helps me to see the beauty of this world, despite it’s fallen nature. Finally, my obedience to God is important in helping me to recognize evil in the world, not matter how subtle. Finally, my faith in & love for God helps me to want to be holy because Jesus shows how it’s possible and that God wants us to be holy.

I pray that I will die in and receive God’s Grace. I pray that I go directly to Heaven, but will be relieved to go to Purgatory first.

I hope this answers your questions… sometime it’s hard for people to articulate Faith.

God Bless.

I will look to the mercy of Christ who died for me.

-Tim-

Perhaps faith in God can mean starting off by typing “God” respectfully, with a capital “G”.

He died so that the human race would be redeemed. He opened the gates of Heaven for all who are willing to accept it. PLEASE NOTE THAT REDEMPTION AND SALVATION ARE NOT!!! THE SAME THING.

2] What is faith in God/faith in Jesus mean to you? What does it mean to put faith in Jesus and God?

Good one. It means that I believe that Christ died for my sins, that we must strive to live as disciples of Christ; and to put faith in Them means that we submit to Their Will.

3] Ultimately at your day of judgment, what will you look to in hopes of receiving Heaven?

Whatever I receive in Heaven is up to God, not me.

Thanks again.

You’re welcome.

It means everything to me.

To put my faith in God is to trust him completely and to do all that I can to grow closer to Him.
(Side note - Curious that you do not capitalize God, but you do capitalize Jesus…)

I will look to God’s mercy for I know I have no merit of my own.

Thanks again.

You are welcome

Peace
James

It means that all may be saved who are baptized into his death and resurrection, through water baptism, baptism of desire, or baptism of blood. (Rm. 6:3; Gal. 3:27)

It means that I may attain to union with God through Christ by keeping my baptismal vows (Rm. 6:4) and by following the precepts of the Church Christ founded (Mt.16:18; Acts 15).

This is salvation–to do his work by cooperating with God’s grace–that of believing through faith and of doing his will by his grace.

Thanks again.

:tiphat:

1. Our Lord Jesus Christ took on the weight of all the sins of the world in His Passion and Cross, destroying our death out of love for us. It was a free decision, due to His Infinite Love, which led Him to do this and be obedient to the Father’s will.

2. Faith in God, the Blessed Trinity, means trusting in His word and believing in His promises that salvation will be granted to those of us who follow Him and do good works of charity for “the least of My brethren.”

3. If I understand this question correctly, what I look forward to in heaven is an intimate, loving union with God Who is Love, without pain, fear, or discord, but perfect peace and unity amid the Beatific Vision. I will also see those who I loved on earth (hopefully they will be there, too)!

May God bless you, keep you, and guide you to the Light of His Truth in the Catholic Church! :slight_smile:

I want to say thank you all for your personal post, they were great and thank you for sharing them with me.

god bless.

Why were they “great”? What did you learn or what new insights have you gained?

Thank you for such an introspective set of question to ponder over today!

1. He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. And “… he has appeared once for all at the end of the age to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.” (Hebrews Chapter 9, verse 26) On a personal level this is very emotional - that the creator of all would become one of us and die for ME.

2. Living faith (a gracious gift from God) believes that Jesus is the Son of God, acts out of love and follows Him as a disciple.

3. Persevering in faith to the end and knowing #1, I can only lie down and cry “Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.” I look to His grace and mercy.

That it is possible for me to be restored to a right relationship with God.

I order my life around what I think God wants of me and how He wants me to live.

I have a spreadsheet showing all the rosaries that I have said each day on a small flash drive that I’m gonna give to God. I just hope He’s not a Mac user.

Okay…the blood, the cross and the name. Same as you. :thumbsup:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jjsmity #1
1] what does it mean to you that Jesus died on cross as savior?

That the Christ thereby redeemed the world and reopened heaven for all of mankind.

The consolation and satisfaction that the Way, the Truth and the Life has given us His Church with seven sacraments including the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with His Body and Blood for our spiritual growth and holiness with the guarantee of salvation for those who run the race and fight the good fight according to His teaching through His Magisterium, Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture.

The promise of the Messiah that sorrow for sins and the acceptance of His Commandments will result in the joys of Heaven with Him as for the penitent thief on the cross: “today you will be with Me in Paradise.” [Lk 23:39-43].

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.