3 things why you could never be Catholic again

I am interested in why former Catholics would never return back to the Catholic church. Here are three things that will keep me from returning:

1. The manditory belief in the infallibility of the magisterium.

2. The belief that Mary is a co-redemptrix with Christ.

3. The unwillingness of the RC to acknowledge that God is wholly in other churches besides the RC.

1. Lack of belief in any kind of deity or deities.

The list pretty much stops there…

1. You deny others what you claim for yourself

2.Corredemptrix" Mary’s cooperation in the work of redemption is sometimes expressed by giving her the title “Corredemptrix.” The Popes have used this title, but more rarely and in documents of lesser weight, because it easily admits of misunderstanding. The first extant use of the title is in a fourtheenth century liturgical book from Salzburg. The prefix “co-” signifies that Mary does not contribute independently to the redemption, but only as associated with her divine Son.Now that all graces have been earned, once for all (cf. Hebrews 9:29), is there further role for Our Lady? The mere fact that she shared in earning all graces–for Calvary did not earn just some graces, but all graces–would all by itself warrant our calling her the Mediatrix of all graces.
ewtn.com/faith/teachings/marya3.htm

3,Ephesians 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

didn’t we have this thread already? This is completely pointless.

1. I’ve already been Baptised

2. I’ve already been Confirmed

3. I’ve already recieved first Holy Communion.

…Oh wait, you mean why one would leave the Church, not become part of the Church again!:tsktsk: :whistle:

Argumentum ad nauseam (argument to the point of disgust; i.e., by repitition). This is the fallacy of trying to prove something by saying it again and again. But no matter how many times you repeat something, it will not become any more or less true than it was in the first place. Of course, it is not a fallacy to state the truth again and again; what is fallacious is to expect the repitition alone to substitute for real arguments

Matthew 16:18, Jesus established a Church Upon Peter, in John 20:23, Jesus breathed on the Apostles, and said, As the Father has send me, so I send you." How did the Father send Jesus? He send Jesus with Authority, likewise, Jesus, send the Apostles authority over men to bind and lose and forgive sins. This was handed down to their sucessors the bishops.

The Magisterium is founded in Scripture, the Council of Jerusalem is the first one. The Magisterium is the authority of the bishops in union with the Pope. Just like the first Council, the Apostles resolve the issue of circumcision and with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, they decided that Gentile don’t have to be circumcised and that they have to abstain from meats offer to idols.

1. The belief that Mary is a co-redemptrix with Christ.

This is the belief but not mandatory. No Pope has proclaimed it to be infallible. Even though, many Catholics believe in it. Co-Redemptrix does not make Mary equal to the Jesus. It only state that she parttake in the Salvation History but accepting the Father’s will to bring forth the Word of God into flesh by her FIAT.

1. The unwillingness of the RC to acknowledge that God is wholly in other churches besides the RC.

Wow what igorant remark. Have you not read what the Catechism of the Catholic Church states regarding those Christians not in commonion with Rome?

Let this enlighten your ignorant mind.

817 In fact, "in this one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ’s Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:

Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271

818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

820 "Christ bestowed unity on his Church from the beginning. This unity, we believe, subsists in the Catholic Church as something she can never lose, and we hope that it will continue to increase until the end of time."277 Christ always gives his Church the gift of unity, but the Church must always pray and work to maintain, reinforce, and perfect the unity that Christ wills for her. This is why Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, . . . so that the world may know that you have sent me."278 The desire to recover the unity of all Christians is a gift of Christ and a call of the Holy Spirit.279

Your statement of assumptions is completely igorant of Church teachings.

The OP is just another ignorant newbie who thinks he knows what the CC teaches.

There is only One God. The Catholic Church cannot change that due to fact that there are no other gods.

The CC affirms that God is Trinity, Three Persons but One God. All other false gods are just demons the servant of the devil.

Sorry OP - my mistake - Do not repeat yours

Why need to argue at all? If someone has their reasons, why not simply let them have them?
These reasons are his/her reasons and they dont have to agree with the CC on them.
We dont have to argue with people who dont like what the CC teaches.
Or make them feel unwelcome to tell us why they are not coming back.
It does not matter how many times the topic has come up here. To this OP its his first time. He is a unique person with his own thoughts so no other thread would be exactly the same as his.
To write him off by saying this has been done before is insulting to the OP because his list is different than someone elses list.
Why make him feel like he cant voice his mind?:confused:

:confused:

Mirdath never said there were all sorts of Gods.
:shrug:
Quite the opposite.

WHAT?:mad:

That is outrageous. You really should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.
I hope you apologize to the OP for such a statement.

However, the skilful heretic makes effective play with biblical texts, which he uses to confuse those who believe the bible, though he doesn’t himself.(14.14) Tertullian must convince his readers that such use of the scriptures is illegitimate. Accordingly he denies the heretic any right whatsoever to cite or discuss the Bible.

Paul forbade discussion with heretics, and it can serve no useful purpose. For the heretics reject part of the scriptures, and pervert the sense of what they accept to suit themselves. In any discussion they must perforce impute to their opponents their own dishonest tampering with the sacred text. Appeal to scripture, therefore, will be ineffectual.

So how then can we know who is right? Tertullian replies as follows:

Jesus chose twelves disciples to be the teachers of mankind.
After his resurrection, he ordered the eleven surviving apostles to go and teach all men to be baptised in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The eleven preached the faith and founded churches, first in Judaea and then throughout the whole world.
From the churches they founded other churches acquired, and still today continue to acquire, a graft of faith and the seeds of true doctrine.
Hence these churches too are considered apostolic, being offshoots of the original apostolic churches.
Since the nature of every object is determined by its origin, every church is apostolic, so long as unity is maintained.
So the logic is that Christ received the truth from God and transmitted it to his apostles; they in turn handed it on to the churches they founded; outside this chain, no one can possess the truth.(20.1ff)

tertullian.org/works/de_praescriptione_haereticorum.htm

He is ignorant. He made an outrages claim that the Catholic Church “unwillingness of the RC to acknowledge that God is wholly in other churches besides the RC”

Don’t tell me if his information is accurate. The Catholic Church recognizes the sacraments of the E.Orthodox Churches, and recognizes the baptism of the Protestant Churches and consider them as separated brothers and sisters in Church.

His idea is that the CC doesn’t… He doesn’t know any better so he is ignorant. Ignorant means lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned.

He is unlearned and therefore ignorant.

I am outta here. This place stinks to high heaven with triumplalistic arrogance and rudeness to others.

Think about how your words are sounding now.

Be a mirror of Christ when you speak, and stop being hypocrites and unkind to others who are not carbon copies of yourself.

I would not be surprised if the OP’s list HAS GROWN since being batterd like this.

I am sorry OP, that this is happening.

I am unsubscribing now. Good day.

There is only one God. No other deities.

3 reasons why I could never be anything but Catholic

1. If the Catholic church is false, then we all have been abandoned by God, no better than lost sheep, with 15 centuries of error followed by 5 centuries of anarchy - for that is the state of protestantism.

2. The Catholic church is a true extended family with a real and beautiful Mom who is also our sister and with our beloved brother the King, who is also God the Son together with God the Father and the Holy Spirit and also with all the saints and angels of Heaven. It is a banquet compared to the thin gruel of protestant Bible geekery, which thinks it is walled off from our family in heaven.

3. The Catholic church loves the Truth wherever it finds it, in any church or culture. However, it does claim to have the fullness of Truth, but only because it received it from the Jesus and that Deposit of Faith is protected and carried on with the help of the Holy Spirit throughout all of these centuries within the Church he established.

Please come home - everybody!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.