3 year old home alone

Please pray for my grandchildren. Today, I was talking to my daughter on her cell phone and she said that she was at a party store. During the conversation I spoke with my granddaughter who is 4. I ask her if her brothers were being good. She told me that the 1 year old was being good but, the 3 year old DYLAN was bad so mommy left him at home in the garage.

I spoke back with my daughter and asked to speak with Dylan, she pretended not to hear me and hung up the phone. I called the police and had them dispatched to her home. It took them 17 minutes to arrive and she had already gotten home.

The children never told them anything. They wouldn’t even talk to the police. I received a call from her saying “Don’t ever call here again”.

I’m sure that she really left him at home. My daughter has some pretty severe problems. Please pray for these children. I’m worried sick about them. They live in California and I’m in Alabama.

The children were with me from February until April. My daughter took her 4 and 1 year olds back to California the first of May while she left the 3 year old with me until October.

She has told me on several occasions that she doesn’t love him, and I tried to get her to leave him with me.

Now I’m sitting here beating up on myself because I didn’t file for custody while he was here. I’m also second guessing myself for calling the police. Why couldn’t they have responded faster???

Heavenly Father, please watch over these children. Place the love of a mother in my daughters heart. Guide her to care for her children or have them removed from her without being harmed. I trust in you JESUS!
AMEN

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Guardian Angels of the children, please protect them in this desperate situation.

St. Anne, please inspire to OP’s daughter to grow a sense of compassion to her children.

You should second guess yourself for being a good Grandmother, you did the right thing by calling the police.

Praying very hard for your grandchildren, Pam! May God protect and keep them safe and loved!

May God wrap his comforting arms around them Pam, and guide them to safety. Prayers sent for your family. :blessyou:

Pam, I will be praying for you and your family. I will especially keep your Grandchildren and their safety in my prayers. :crossrc:

Steve

praying for your 3 yr.old.
grandma glor

I prayed a decade of Our Lady’s Rosary for Dylan, your daughter, and all involved.

I believe you did the right thing, Pam, by notifying the police.

prayers for all…

kate

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I’m so worried about those poor little ones. Please continue to pray. I have contacted California Child Protective Services. Maybe they will keep an eye on them for a while. I’m just not sure that they believe what I’ve told them. All that matters is that the children are safe.

Again, thanks for the continued prayers.

Praying for you and your family Pam…

Pam, I’m praying…

Still praying very hard for these precious children!

pyropam, I think that you did the right thing.

Praying for the safety of your grandchildren and your daughter.

like kolbe i ask the Guardian Angels pray for them and you

May Pope John Paul II intercede for your family in prayer, especially for the conversion of the mother and protection of the children.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

:signofcross: As a grandmother myself, I am also worried for your precious ‘babies’, but I will pray that God keep them safe and that somehow, they are able to be with you again.

Will keep your grandchildren and daughter in my prayers.:signofcross:

St. Michael the Archangel, defender in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh prince of the Heavenly Host by the power of God, cast in to Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen. :signofcross: :gopray2:

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :signofcross: :gopray2:

St. Alodia, St. Germaine Cousin, St. Lufthild, and St. Nunilo, patron saints of child abuse victims, pray for the child who may or may not have been left at home by himself. :signofcross: :gopray2:

St. Anne, St. Gerard Majella, and St. Monica, holy patrons of mothers, pray for the mother in the OP’s post. :signofcross: :gopray2:

You, your daughter and your grandchildren will be in our prayers.

Praying for your daughter and grandchildren and you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.