36 year old mother of 2 - diagnosed with colon cancer

I just found out a friend of mine (Jen H) went in for a routine colonoscopy on Friday (Her mom died from colon cancer) and they discovered that there is a cancerous lesion on her colon. She’s a amazing, lovely women who is just trying to process this news, as we speak (or as I type). She is asking for prayers and supportive ideas to deal with her cancer. I have a feeling that she is looking for alternative medicine.

I am no expert on this. (alternative medicine) however, I think I’m in the right place to ask for prayers though! :slight_smile: Her kids are 4 and 2. She got married a month before her mom died.

I appreciative all the prayers and will pass them on to her, via email to help her understand that there are praying people all over the world who simply care.

God bless you all.

[size=2]O Saint Peregrine, you who have been called “The Wonder-Worker” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you, who for so many years bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more: you who were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction, ask of God and Our Lady the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to you (names of those for whom you are praying, including yourself if need be). Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing praise to God for His great goodness and mercy. [/size]

Amen.

Praying that your friend has a good prognosis and that she is in good hands with her doctors.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our Life, our Sweetness, and our Hope.
To Thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To Thee do we send up our sighs mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
Thine Eyes of Mercy toward us,
and after this our exile show us the
Blessed Fruit of thy Womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us O Holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

May God bless Jen with all the help she needs at this time, from those who care for her in the medical profession to those who love her and care about her every day. We ask our Lord to heal her and grant her a speedy recovery.

Blessed Mother, intercede for Jen.

St. Peregrine, pray for Jen.

Jesus, we trust in you.

Amen.

Today I have stood with you beneath the Cross
And felt more certainly than ever before,
That you became our Mother beneath the Cross.
How faithfully an earthly mother strives
To fulfil her dying son’s last wish.
But you were the handmaid of the Lord.
Subduing wholly your own life and being
To the life and being of God incarnate.
You have taken your own to your heart
And with your heart bleeding from bitter sorrow
Have purchased for each one of us new life.
You know us all, our wounds and our defacement.
But you know also the heavenly radiance
In which your Son’s love eternally bathes us.
And so you carefully direct our footsteps.
You find no pain too great to bring us to our goal
So those whom you have chosen for companions,
To stand beside you at the eternal throne
Must stand beside you here beneath the Cross
And with hearts bleeding from bitter sorrow
Purchase heavenly radiance for the precious souls
With whom the Son of God entrusted you,

saint Teresa Benedicta pray for this intention.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.

(Jen H)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.

Great Physician of our souls and bodies
you have mercy on all those who put their trust in you
Please heal your servant, Jen,
of the cancer that afflicts her,
and restore her to good health to
serve you in your holy Church,
now and for every.
Amen.

Through the prayers of the Great Mother of God
Mary most holy, and of all the sants,
may our compassionate Lord and Savior
be kind and merciful to us.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Today I’m going to our local Poor Clares Monastery for mid day prayer to pray for her as well.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying my heart out for her and her family.

Praying for Jen H and her family …

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee;
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, you came into the world to heal our infirmities and to endure our sufferings.
You went about healing all and bringing comfort to those in pain and need. We come before you now in this time of illness asking that you may be the source of strength in Jen’s body,
courage in spirit and patience in pain. May her spirit be renewed, and her body restored to health in Your Name, Amen.

O St Jude,

O Patron saint of desparate causes, I pray, I humbly ask that you intercede on her behalf. Please St Jude, go to Jesus and ask him to send his healing graces upon her. Your will O lord, let it be done. In Jesus name I pray.

Hail Mary full of grace, the lord is with thee, blessed are you amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb jesus. Holy mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and forever. Amen.

May God Bless and keep you always.

I am seeing her this afternoon, and I’m sharing your prayers with her.

Hail Mary
Full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary
Mother of God, pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

O my Jesus
Forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell
Bring all souls to heaven,
especially those most in need of your mercy.

Lord Jesus, you came into the world to heal our infirmities and to endure our sufferings. You went about healing all and bringing comfort to those in pain and need. We come before you now in this time of illness asking that you may be the source of strength in Jen’s body, courage in spirit and patience in pain.
May her spirit be renewed, and her body restored to health in Your Name, Amen.

I will be keeping her and her family in my prayers.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Lord Jesus, you came into the world to heal our infirmities and to endure our sufferings. You went about healing all and bringing comfort to those in pain and need. We come before you now in this time of illness asking that you may be the source of strength in Jen’s body, courage in spirit and patience in pain.
May her spirit be renewed, and her body restored to health in Your Name, Amen.

Blessed Mother, Our Mother, I ask that you please intercede for Jen, and bring her before the throne of the Lord Our God…
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Dear , I come from a place where we see miracles happening in daily life. I live in england now, where faith is just for names sake and power of god found in books. My dear, we have grown up seeing the real power of Jesus healing the sick. Mircales of cancer been healed is not a surprise to us. Its very natural thing in our place. If you really wish to make a difference , or to try out to see if God’s power is true do contact me. I am sure i may be here in this forum just for your friend.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.