4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

From the local Chicago FOX affiliate:

fox32chicago.com/news/crime/227116738-story

Throughout the video, the victim is repeatedly kicked and hit, his scalp is cut, all while he is tied up with his mouth taped shut.

At one point, the victim is held at knife point and told to curse President-elect Donald Trump. The group also forces the victim to drink water from a toilet.

The suspects can be heard saying they want the video to go viral.

It has since been reported that the alleged suspects and the victim were classmates and knew each other prior to the incident.

I understand that they also texted the parents of the young man claiming that they kidnapped their son.

And they broadcast this on Facebook.

How cruel and pointless.

Not only do I hope they get the book thrown at them, I hope its the entire library!

heavy.com/news/2017/01/chicago-torture-video-facebook-live-hate-crime-police-black-lives-matter-blm-kidnapping-hashtag-brittany-herring-eddie-johnson/

Chicago police are under fire in some corners for not immediately labeling the Chicago Facebook Live torture videos a hate crime.

The Chicago police spokesman told the AP that investigators don’t think the man was targeted because of his race, even though attackers bring up white people and the victim’s race in the videos.

Was this the same police department that was ordered to stand down at Milo Yiannpolous’s speech at DePaul University last year so BLM activists could storm and pace the stage?

This is just plain SICK.

Proof evil doesn’t need a reason…

This is a perfect example of why I fear that soon God will punish us severely.

We are watching the live press conference. The details of these crimes are shocking. :frowning:

You must have missed Don Lemon: It isn’t evil, it’s just “poor home training.”

I hope they charge this as a hate crime. But even without that, kidnapping and the crimes surrounding it result in long sentences.

Anyone know if using Facebook makes it a federal crime?

Don Lemon lacks a moral compass.

I agree 100%!

The suspects can be heard saying they want the video to go viral.

Pretty sure they succeeded at that . . . :rolleyes:

I remember when I was young I got beat up because of my ethnic background which is true I never understood why. I feel like this is the same thing is that they’re doing something without a good reason for doing something to someone they know can’t fight back and you know what that’s called? That’s called cowardly

All four perpetrators are being charged with kidnapping, felony assault and hate crime. The wheel of justice may turn slowly, and be blocked by political correctness, but it is at least turning.

May the Lord bless and keep that victim and his family. May the perpetrators face His perfect justice tempered by his perfect Mercy. May their hearts be converted.

That was actually not slow at all – the accused were found, arrested and charged with amazing speed.

I agree. Now let’s see if justice will be served in this case. It definitely was not served in that case involving the football player and the mentally challenged boy in Idaho.

One of the accused is a 24 year old mother of two. First tear up her Mommy card. Thank God her character was revealed before she did something like this to her children. She should never be around children again, and certainly never have custody of children again. After 20-30 years of cleaning the prison toilets she and her younger friends should have to prove the therapy they got in prison was effective before they are released.

I am generally not in favor of hate crime laws. The kidnapping and torture of anyone for any reason deserves a long time separated from decent people regardless of the motives.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.