4 new martyrs, but who cares?

From Compass Direct.

Four Christian evangelists in the Sudan showed a movie about Jesus. They were then murdered. They were shot by “unknown” assailants. Oh, but let’s pay more attention to the killers. The poor dears. We should just ignore such unpleasant things because it upsets our muslim guests, right?

In charity we should just forget about these four Christian human beings. They don’t deserve our attention. Instead we should maybe apologize to muslims for them trying to share their faith. Who said Christians should have such rights? Who do they think they are, equal? Let’s just not bring this up and concentrate on being nice.

compassdirect.org/en/display.php

[Moderator Note: Added link to online source.]

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

This is terrible news.

I certainly do care.

Mary, Theotokos, pray for us and protect us from our enemies.

:frowning:

Oh, no. I will take this to my nightly prayers/rosary.

Thank you for sharing.

You sure do hate Muslims, don’t you?

Is that directed at me? Because I don’t hate them…I just don’t respect their beilefs. The four murdered, if indeed by Muslims, is a sad confirmation of the points I gleaned from today’s discussions.

I hate muslims!? Uh, notice this thread is about how muslims killed Christian missionaries. Isn’t that a tad hateful? Let’s put it this way, I hate it when muslims murder Christians. How about you curious?

Cestusdei,

Aren’t there other things to obsess over besides the those wicked wicked Muslims? Do Christians not suffer at the hands of anyone else?

Sure Hindu’s, Buddhists, and lot’s of others kill Christians. Feel free to post about them. I will support you. I won’t accuse you of obsession. I guess for me it is the daily news of these crimes committed by muslims. And the fact that muslims seem so indifferent to it while if one of them stubs his toe it’s riot time.

cestusdei

Hope this is proper forum manners if not let me know but I posted this in the Cringing Christians thread. Some of which I heard from a radio program interview.

As for Islam, when the radicals do “whatever”, the “common” man doesnt say anything because they do not consider the radical to be part of them so they dont feel a need to condem them. I understand each group actually doesnt even recognise the other group as being part of a whole.

Where catholics will accept protestants or vice versa and I think jewish would accept gentiles, from what I can see there is none of that in Islam. Other than convert or else.

So if Im correct in these thoughts then I can see a thread running through christians and jews. And not through any other religions or belief systems. At this moment all others are accept or else or just go away at least.

Just a thoughts on why things may be as they are. not excusing. But considering the source (God or not) explains why it is. Does that make sense?

your thoughts have you heard these things re Islam?

No, he hates the evil committed by Muslims! There is a difference you know!

Vickie

I hate the fact that we cant have a post to educate us on our brothers and sisters being killed without feeling like criminals for doing it.:mad:

Religion of peace indeed! :mad:

Vickie

Mary obviously cant hear your prayers.

I pray for these martyrs and their families.

It’s encouraging that these men were not “white” or “Americans.” They were African Nationals (an Egyptian and three Sudanese). I’ve heard that the Holy Spirit is at work in a big way in Africa.

At least people can’t say that “Eurocentric white people” were trying to force their Western ways on Africans.

BTW, if you haven’t seen the Jesus movie, get it. It’s excellent, and from what I understand, it has been shown to millions and millions of people all over the world. It’s a well-done movie used by many different denominations and missionary groups, not just Campus Crusade for Christ (who made it). I don’t think there’s anything in that movie that Catholics would object to.

It would be a good way to pay tribute to these martyrs–find the Jesus movie and watch it with your family. You can probably get a copy online.

The movie Angel Heart has “Louis Cyfer” talking to “Jonny” in a church…he asks a question…“Do you every wonder why theres just enough religion in the world for men to hate one another and never enough for them to love one another?” He then goes on to say how he really doesn’t care for religion too much. What the Muslims did was evil and wrong. How so called Christians react is evil and wrong.

The movie Angel Heart has “Louis Cyfer” talking to “Jonny” in a church…he asks a question…“Do you every wonder why theres just enough religion in the world for men to hate one another and never enough for them to love one another?” He then goes on to say how he really doesn’t care for religion too much. What the Muslims did was evil and wrong. How so called Christians react is evil and wrong.

While the title of this thread indicates the spirit it will take on…here I am…posting anyway…the things “christians” say to other “christians” sure gives no Muslim any indication that “faith” in Jesus means too much. They don’t see “christians” any different than we see “muslims” it would seem. Our “christian nation” slaughters hundreds of them each and every day. But then “who cares, they’re only evil muslims?”

Quoted for truth.
There would probably be more sympathy for these Christians (and less defence for the muslims) if this thread was on a secular forum. The title of this thread is shocking, but it is shocking for a good reason - because we Christians surely should be ashamed if even we have been sucked in to the culture of “tolerate everything except Christianity, especially the muslims”. And maybe the thread title will wake us up to this fact.
If my brother will killed by lions and I was upset and posted a thread about it, no one would dare post something defending lions, I bet.
If my brother was killed by bikies for showing them a movie about Jesus, I still reckon no one would be posting to defend the bikies.
If my brother was killed by Muslims? Come on!

Did you really have to be so snide and sarcastic? What useful purpose does that serve? Certainly doesn’t serve the purpose of evangelization…

Actually it seems like he hates it when the evil committed by muslims is swept under the rug. I don’t think the O.P. could have called it better mocking how so many people coddle the muslims. And sure enough someone rose to the bait - and accused the O.P. of hating muslims. As if the O.P. is guilty of some great sin.

I think Curious’ post just proved the O.P.'s point.

As I was trying to say, it serves the purpose of waking us Christians up to ourselves.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.