4 person interview

Hello again, I have another question. I am now waiting on that phonecall as to when this meeting will take place. It will be a meeting with the VD Bishop and two other people I forget who. But I think this is the last step according to the VD. What advice can you all give me? what should I do and what should I NOT!!! do or say. I know if it is God’s will it will be fine but God did give us a mind and we need to do our part I think as well as trust in the Holy Ghost as to which ever call we are called to. But I don’t want to screw this up. Thanks so much Scoob.

Congratulations! :smiley:

The best advice that I could give is to let the Holy Spirit work through the interviewer and you, and the Holy Spirit will make the meeting run smoothly. Trust in God in his grace that you are worthy of acceptance, for if you have gotten this far, you have a pretty good chance!

Try not to act like a nervous wreck. I know that this can and will be hard, but it’s best to show that you have confidence in yourself. I’m sure that they like confidence! I read in To Save a Thousand Souls that if they offer you a handshake, do not give them a “wet fish” (wimpy handshake). Shake like a man because they want to know that you have confidence.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

“I will instruct you, and teach you the way to go; I will watch over you and be your adviser.” - Psalm 32:8

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” - 2 Timothy 1:7

You just have to be yourself, you have years of experience at been you already :wink:

pray to the Holy Spirit before you interview, and most of all Listen.

The only advice I can give is be honest and be yourself.

Do not appear to be giving them answers that you think they want to hear.

Being dishonest in any way will come back to bite you in the end, if it does not affect you now it will come back around and get you later.

It will be a meeting with the VD Bishop and two other people I forget who.

I hesitate to ask...but I must. What on earth is a VD bishop?

Can't be what it sounds like.

VD = Vocations Director

It is a meeting with the vocations director, the Bishop and two other people.

Thank you! I wasn’t trying to be a wise*ss, I had never encountered the term before.

Now that I know, I think all of the previous suggestions are excellent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.