4 person meeting

Ok. I talked to the diocese today. The secretary told me that I am defenetly still in the running (as I call it) and the next event will be the 4 person interview. Which I guess is the VD bishop?? two others who I don't know. Maybe someone from the Chancery? but I am sure all of you that are entering seminary had gone through this meeting right?? What is it like and what should I expect? I am getting excited getting closer but getting afraid at the same time as to how it all plays out. Please anyone??? Thanks again Scoob.

For me it was very nice. I was super nervous going into the interview and I believe His Excellency knew it too so he lightened things up. We just talked, shared a few stories, and then he sent me to the vocations office to get the million page seminary application. Pax Christi!

Well the vocatiions office called and the meeting is Monday. I am scared and nervous.What will they ask? Will it be a tough meeting? and is this the last step of the process? Thanks for any replies. Scoob.

Should i change my user name?? I hardly get any responses. Am I persona non grada on here??? HELO!!! ANYONE THERE????????

My guess is that not that many people here have gotten as far as you. I don't know if there's that many priests here, but if there are they might not have done tat. I'm not sure. I would say not to worry about it. I've heard that it is real easy if you just keep your cool.

I'll be praying for you!

I interviewed with three people but they were three separate individual interviews during the same day.

When I was applying to be a firefighter/paramedic at Detroit Metro Airport I had a six person interview were I went before all of them at the same time. They took turns asking questions and follow up questions. They even discussed things about me in front of me.

The only advice I can give is try to be relaxed (or as relaxed as you can be I know how hard it can be), be truthful and complete in your answers. Make eye contact with the one who is asking you a question then when you answer make eye contact with the one who asked the question then move your view around so that you make eye contact with all of them while answering the question.

I hope that helps.

When is the interview? So that I can try to be praying for you during it.

Thanks for the replies. I need to be there by 10:45 central time. There are three others that will go for the interview and was told that it will be over by 1PM for all of us. I could use all the prayers I can get! I really appreciate it very much Scoob.

Scoob,

Google "how to interview" in quotes and you'll find a lot of good links and videos. Ignore the 'company' part and 'research' , "preparing your resume", --the links are obviously oriented toward commercial job interviews--and look at the rest.

One good link:

ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/jobsrvce/interviews-effective.htm

Some obvious things but good reminders are--- avoid gesticulating. Avoid "you know" and "etc., etc. and so on," "like...".

And send a thank you note. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Good luck!

Well I just got back form the 4 person meeting. There were four of us. 3 teenagers and me. I was the first one to go. They asked me really easy questions more like a formality. I was honest I was trying to let them ask and talk. My question is this. If there are 4 people that are going to go to this meeting. If you are first, Does it matter? does it mean they want to get me out of the way and get to the young ones? or does it mean they really want to try to get me in?? What do you think? Thanks Scoob.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:9, topic:246528"]
Well I just got back form the 4 person meeting. There were four of us. 3 teenagers and me. I was the first one to go. They asked me really easy questions more like a formality. I was honest I was trying to let them ask and talk. My question is this. If there are 4 people that are going to go to this meeting. If you are first, Does it matter? does it mean they want to get me out of the way and get to the young ones? or does it mean they really want to try to get me in?? What do you think? Thanks Scoob.

[/quote]

Dear Friend,

You are reading too much into things that really don't matter. Whether you were first, second, third, or fourth in line means nothing.

Remember, this isn't a job for which you are competing against others....they don't have only one slot to fill and multiple applicants seeking this one and only position. They may likely invite all four of you to study for their diocese.

If you have gotten this far, your chances of being accepted should be very great. Did they say how long it will be until you are notified? For your sake, I hope it is very soon! :thumbsup:;)

Relax (!), pray, and be at peace.

Keep us posted.

You are in our prayers.

God bless.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:1, topic:246528"]
Ok. I talked to the diocese today. The secretary told me that I am defenetly still in the running (as I call it) and the next event will be the 4 person interview. Which I guess is the VD bishop?? two others who I don't know. Maybe someone from the Chancery? but I am sure all of you that are entering seminary had gone through this meeting right?? What is it like and what should I expect? I am getting excited getting closer but getting afraid at the same time as to how it all plays out. Please anyone??? Thanks again Scoob.

[/quote]

every diocese has a different process I had a friend who went through many interviews at different times. I have to go to one interview with 4 people then the bishop.

I don't know what it will be like don't worry to much though you will be fine.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:9, topic:246528"]

[/quote]

as posters said earlier you will be fine, I bet you get in, as long as there isn't anything that would through a red flag up for you should get in.

Thanks you guys are making me feel much better!! The Vocations director told me he would be in contact with me very shortly. Don't know what that means. We have till August 21st which is the day new seminarians are expected to be there. I would hope they give you ample time to get your affairs in order. I am thinking a week or two maybe sooner I hope. The Bishop was not there but his assistant I would think that the Bishop would want to meet me but don't know. I don't know if this is the last of the steps or not. This is the first time I have gone through this process and feel like I am in uncharted waters. Thanks so much for your replies and I am feeling more relaxed as it will be what it will be. Just hope God says yes! Thanks for all your prayers need all of them. God bless you all Scoob.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:13, topic:246528"]
Thanks you guys are making me feel much better!! The Vocations director told me he would be in contact with me very shortly. Don't know what that means. We have till August 21st which is the day new seminarians are expected to be there. I would hope they give you ample time to get your affairs in order. I am thinking a week or two maybe sooner I hope. The Bishop was not there but his assistant I would think that the Bishop would want to meet me but don't know. I don't know if this is the last of the steps or not. This is the first time I have gone through this process and feel like I am in uncharted waters. Thanks so much for your replies and I am feeling more relaxed as it will be what it will be. Just hope God says yes! Thanks for all your prayers need all of them. God bless you all Scoob.

[/quote]

your next step will probably be the bishop.

your vocations director didn't tell you the process?

HE did for me at one of our first meetings.

I had the four person interview and it was not much to it. The VD told me that he wil lbe in touch very shortly. My question is,,, I had the meeting on Monday and still haven't heard anything. Time is getting short, Auguest 21st is not to far. If one is accepted would it take longer to hear back. Or if you get rejected for whatever reason would it take sooner?? Is it normal to take 4,5 days or longer to hear back?? Getting a little worried. again thanks for all your replies. God Bless Scoob.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:15, topic:246528"]
I had the four person interview and it was not much to it. The VD told me that he wil lbe in touch very shortly. My question is,,, I had the meeting on Monday and still haven't heard anything. Time is getting short, Auguest 21st is not to far. If one is accepted would it take longer to hear back. Or if you get rejected for whatever reason would it take sooner?? Is it normal to take 4,5 days or longer to hear back?? Getting a little worried. again thanks for all your replies. God Bless Scoob.

[/quote]

look you could hear back a week before and that would be in time, I don't have mine till the 22nd, it could be august before I know and I will move in the 20th if i'm accepted. I wouldn't worry to much just ask god for patience. I think many people over-analyze things in life, and you may be doing this. Just be patient and trust that God's will is being done.

Hello. I have been working a lot and been offfor a while as to why is that I was VERY wrong on something and for that I am heartfully sorry . It has been almost two weeks since my meeting with the 4 people. I emailed my VD the other day to check in. He said that he was waiting on two fplks that were on vacation and just delayed at the moment. I don't know who those two people are. Maybe the bishop and vicar general? The vice rector at the seminary emailed me and told me that from what he can tell as he has worked with my diocese for many years says it looks very good in my case and he finished the email with I will see you in August. So there is some inbetween the lines here? That is what I think. August 21st is fastly approaching and hope for an answer soon. Any input I would appreicate it. God Bless Scoob.

[quote="scoobydoo6v92, post:17, topic:246528"]
Hello. I have been working a lot and been offfor a while as to why is that I was VERY wrong on something and for that I am heartfully sorry . It has been almost two weeks since my meeting with the 4 people. I emailed my VD the other day to check in. He said that he was waiting on two fplks that were on vacation and just delayed at the moment. I don't know who those two people are. Maybe the bishop and vicar general? The vice rector at the seminary emailed me and told me that from what he can tell as he has worked with my diocese for many years says it looks very good in my case and he finished the email with I will see you in August. So there is some inbetween the lines here? That is what I think. August 21st is fastly approaching and hope for an answer soon. Any input I would appreicate it. God Bless Scoob.

[/quote]

I'll tell you this, I just had my interview today and I won't meet with my bishop till the 1st week of august, mainly my fault, but it doesn't seem like there is any issue when it comes to me being accepted. I would be patient I think you are in ok shape and you are worrying to much. I'm sure you will get in.

Thanks Catholictiger. Makes me feel good. There are a lot more positives than negatives in my discernment with my diocese. I hoipe and pray that God is calling me! it is his will. Thanks so much Scoob.

Here is the email i received from the vice president rector at the seminary To me it sounds really positive. Thanks again Scoob

I know the waiting is the hardest, but just trust God and wait. Yes, it does
look good. Fr. _____ is just doing his last tasks. For all we know the two are the
bishop and the vicar general who have the official last "yes". So, not to worry.
I am pretty sure that all will work out well for you. I don't think you will
have to wait too much longer, maybe just another week. Believe me, I don't know,
but that is what my gut is telling me. So, relax, keep doing what you are doing,
don't bug Fr. _____ until he calls you. He will get to you as soon as he knows.

I'll see you in August when you arrive

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.