4 Us Single Men: Having problems finding an orthodox (serious) Catholic woman?

Don’t seem to be many around. Very few actually, where I live.

Catholic Single’s web sites (I’ve tried them all) seem to be fulled with people who aren’t really that concerned about finding a potential soul mate.

Just another place to go for another forum.

And in a Christian Single’s Group that I’ve attended over the years, I’ve met denominational and non-denominational Christian women who are truly on fire with God and the Bible.

I’ve found their company quite refreshing.

Closest thing to a “real” Catholic that I’ve found thus far.

Ironic, isn’t it …

But of course, there’s still the issues of them not understanding the Eucharist, Confession, etc.

What’s a serious Catholic man to do?

Preach, Preach!
I say find a non-Catholic, and convert her…she’ll love you all the more for saving her soul:D

People on this forum often say good things about Ave Maria Singles.com. And believe me, finding a “practicing Catholic” man is just as much of a challenge!!

Sincerely,
Maria1212

Finding a faithful, orthodox Cathoilc man is 10x harder than finding a faithful, orthodox Catholic woman.

I met my husband on Ave Maria-- and I found that sight to have many faithful, orthodox serious people on it. DH and I were both on the site for 2 full years before we encountered each other. So, if you say you’ve “tried them all”, I say-- you have to “stick to it”.

Dating non-Catholics is not the answer.

Perhaps you haven’t found that Catholic girl who is “on fire” for God because you haven’t hit her timeslot at Eucharistic Adoration, you haven’t joined her in prayer outside the abortion clinic, you haven’t attended the Rosary group in your parish.

Just some food for thought.

Check out the local Opus Dei young adult group. If they’re Opus Dei, you know they’re orthodox.

That’s what I did! :thumbsup:

Well, the Holy Spirit gets most of the credit, of course…

I say find a non-Catholic, and convert her…

Bad advice if that’s the reason you’re getting into the relationship. If I was a non-catholic I would not marry you if that is your intention, that is, if you intend to convert me. What you may find more freeing is not thinking about trying to find a good Catholic woman so much, it hurts your brain and is fruitless. Just pray for your future wife, don’t think about her too much (you’ll have plenty of time when you do meet her to think about her). Most of all, if your first priority is to seek righteousness in life, chances are you’ll find the woman who fulfills your longings of companionship cause she’ll be found in the right places.

-unworthy

What might be interesting is to know what does orthodox mean to you? That word sometimes gets misconstrued and there are lots of devout Catholics out there that don’t necessarily use that label for themselves…they might rather say they are conservative…perhaps the word orthodox is used primarily (in place of conservative) by older Catholics? It would be interesting to know the average age of those using these forums and/or this specific thread? :slight_smile:

by the way, it would be a lot easier to find a good Catholic that you can influence and be a good example for than a non-Catholic!

Finding a good Catholic man is hard, too!

In fact, I would say it is close to impossible.

I’ll throw in another vote for AveMariaSingles.com. Check them out!:thumbsup:

Ha ha. So sayeth you!

I met my husband on Ave Maria-- and I found that sight to have many faithful, orthodox serious people on it. DH and I were both on the site for 2 full years before we encountered each other. So, if you say you’ve “tried them all”, I say-- you have to “stick to it”.

I found even that site to have a “mixed” variety of catholics. And the catholic women that were supposedely “orthodox” I also found to be mean, nasty, and self righteous.

Sorry, but that was what I found.

Dating non-Catholics is not the answer.

Not yet anyway … but I’m not going to put God in a box either. And whether you’d like to believe it or not, the Catholic Church does consider them to be fully Christian.

Perhaps you haven’t found that Catholic girl who is “on fire” for God because you haven’t hit her timeslot at Eucharistic Adoration, you haven’t joined her in prayer outside the abortion clinic, you haven’t attended the Rosary group in your parish.

Being a member of an Eastern Catholic Church, there is no Eucharistic Adoration/Rosary Group in our church. Also, I prayed in front of the abortion clinic for many years, and women there were either too afraid to speak to you, or they were as worldly as the rest.

Next …

In the Christian Single’s group that I mentioned, the non-catholic women often ask me why all the Catholic men that they have met are so “loose” in their personal morals.

I’ve told them that because the Roman Diocese where we live is so extrememly liberal (heterodox), that these catholic men do not have the first clue as to what Catholicism actually teaches.

So because of that, I’ve personally warned them to use extreme caution when approaching any catholic man from our area.

EXTREME caution.

I would NEVER think to date/marry a non-catholic woman with the intention that I would have to eventually convert her to Catholicism to make it work.

And seeing how I pray the Rosary every day, have some pre-diaconate training behind me, and have studied Catholic apologetics quite indepthly, I don’t know if I could actually marry someone who does not believe what the Catholic Church teaches.

As for praying for a future wife, it’s certainly good advice but that’s definitely of a second priority to me.

Because ever since my somewhat zealous return to the Catholic faith almost 15 years ago, attacks from evil have at times reached almost overwhelming proportions.

I’m serious.

So my prayers must always be concentrated first on receiving graces to withstand said attacks.

Thank You Jesus/Mary/St. Michael!

Well, here’s what an orthodox Catholic woman does not mean to me:
[LIST]
*]There was woman that I had met at a catholic church prayer group who asked me out. On our second date, she wanted to have sex.
*]There was a girl I met while praying at the abortion clinic. When I visited her home once, she appeared before me wrapped only in a towel.[/LIST]Those are the examples of the “catholic” women that I have met thus far …

wow Frank…I would agree that those examples are of women who aren’t, to say the least, modest or chaste. unfortunately it seems not all people who call themselves Catholic agree with you (or the Catholic church) 100%…that is frustrating but a reality…but if you get out there and date, as many as possible, eventually you’ll come across a few that meet your criteria. certainly it’s frustrating to date someone from a specific faith and realize they don’t share your same viewpoints, but there is nothing lost when taking someone to dinner or coffee and finding out who they are…that is how we get ‘good’ at dating and if anything it helps develop our dating skills. the worst thing would be to get frustrated and negative, and stop looking (or noticing) altogether…good luck to you and don’t give up…(like a thief in the night) you never know when that special person may come along!

:eek:

:eek:

I’m HERE I’m HERE…

32/f VERY Catholic

:slight_smile:

Try AveMariaSingles.com
I met my wife in 2 months on this site and she is a hard core Catholic. She has a theology degree from Franciscan University of Steubenville. If this doesn’t work…ever thought of being a priest??? :slight_smile:

Obviously you overlooked me on the singles site. :wink:

I’m only a little mean and self-righteous.

Nah, in all seriousness, I’m on one of those Catholic singles sites and I’ve talked with a lot of nice, Catholic men. I’ve also talked with (and promptly ruled out) liars, adulterers, CINOs, and a couple guys who could use some anger management therapy. :eek:

The women on the site are the same way. There are some real gems out there, and there are a lot of not-so-serious Catholics to sift through.

I’m with you though, Frank. I know I’m sooo far from perfect but I don’t want to be at the side of a man who doesn’t accept all of what the Church teaches or hasn’t yet learned basic faith/life lessons like the value of kindness, a little humility, daily prayers, custody of the eyes… and (if it’s not too much to ask) semi-decent spelling. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.