40 Days for Life Fall campaign to start - biggest yet

Biggest campaign yet

40 Days for Life fall campaign includes more than 300 locations worldwide, over 30 in CA

The pro-life advocacy group 40 Days for Life has announced the launch of its biggest campaign ever this fall, with over 300 locations worldwide participating in the event.

The growth has “been a joy to see and I think it shows that people want to respond to the crisis of abortion,” campaign director Shawn Carney told CNA.

The Sept. 28 through Nov. 6 campaign – which includes fasting and peaceful prayer outside abortion facilities – will take place in 48 U.S. states, 7 Canadian provinces, Australia, England, Spain and, for the first time, Germany and Argentina.

“Forty Days for Life is nothing but an invitation – it’s built on the basics,” Carney said. “It’s prayer, it’s showing up at these places where the babies are lost and it’s fasting.”

The 300 locations where the campaign will be held include more than 70 new sites, he added.

The initiative began in 2004 and consisted of Carney and his wife and friends in Bryan, Texas. It soon grew to such an extent that the group launched nationally in the fall of 2007 with 89 locations across the U.S.

Over the last four years more than 400,000 have joined to pray and fast for an end to abortion and over 13,000 church congregations have participated in 40 Days for Life campaigns.

“We’ve seen immense growth,” he said. “We would never have foreseen this. People have gotten over their fear of going out and praying in front of an abortion facility.”

Carney observed that the growing success of the campaign is due in part to most people being against abortion but also not knowing how to respond besides voting pro-life.

“In the states, we’ve always seen the solution to abortion as something that will take place in Washington D.C.,” he pointed out. “And, while that’s certainly a huge part of it and one that we need, I think 40 Days for Life has helped open the eyes of people to see that abortions don’t happen in the White House or in the halls of Congress – they are happening around the corner from where you live.”

“You can do something about that but that something has to be grounded in prayers, it needs to be peaceful and it needs to get people’s attention,” Carney said.

Since the beginning of the campaign in 2007, over 4,000 unborn babies have been spared from abortion and 53 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the industry. Fifteen abortion clinics where vigils have been held have also shut down.

“It’s really been humbling and amazing to see,” Carney said, adding that the group is “trying to keep up with what God is doing and what he has done through this simple effort.”

40daysforlife.com/

Largest 40 Days for Life ever! September 28 – November 6

During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:

* 1,332 individual campaigns have taken place in 387 cities
* More than 400,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
* More than 13,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
* Reports document 4,313 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
* 53 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
* 14 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
* Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
* More than 1,500 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast ... and overseas
* Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery

After so many years of legalized abortion, many people of faith are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!

The kickoff starts next week, get involved as you can~

I’m pretty sure there’s no campaign yet where I live. I could be wrong.

But, if there isn’t one by Sept. 28th, I’ll be going out myself armed with a rosary. :slight_smile: May Christ be with me here in the Evangelical, anti-Catholic South :gopray:

:thumbsup: and God bless from 40daysforlife.com/london/

Have you heard of 180?

180movie.com/

Here is the link to locations, there are 4 listed for your state, Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, and Tuscaloosa.

40daysforlife.com/location.cfm

That link can be used by anyone in the USA to find a location near them by state, if there is one. Blessings to all that help in whatever way they can~

The 40 Days For Life campaign starts tomorrow, Sept. 28th, and runs through until Nov. 6th. Please be involved in whatever way you can - prayer and fasting, peaceful vigil, and/or community outreach.

www.40daysforlife.com

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.