43 Permanent Deacons Ordained

A great day for the diocese of Pittsburgh. On Saturday, June 11, Bishop David Zubik ordained 43 men as permanent deacons and 1 man as a transitional deacon.

ALLELUIA!!!

[quote="SMOM, post:1, topic:243954"]
A great day for the diocese of Pittsburgh. On Saturday, June 11, Bishop David Zubik ordained 43 men as permanent deacons and 1 man as a transitional deacon.

ALLELUIA!!!

[/quote]

Gloria!

In my view, the reinstatement of the permanent Diaconate was one of the best moves the Church has made in recent times. We are fortunate to have three permanent deacons in our parish and they add so much to the life of the parish through their teaching, celebrations of the sacraments, and preaching the gospel. Plus, their presence frees our priests up to do the things that only they can do within their ministry.

Two were from my parish! We had a nice reception for them yesterday.

Praise God for these wonderful men!

[quote="SMOM, post:1, topic:243954"]

ALLELUIA!!!

[/quote]

This is great but I kinda wish it were the other way around.:o

[quote="DCNBILL, post:4, topic:243954"]
This is great but I kinda wish it were the other way around.:o

[/quote]

I can't argue with that but I guess we have to be thankful for those who have responded to the call to serve, whatever the capacity. 42 people getting ready to be priests would be wonderful to be sure...

[quote="fieldsparrow, post:3, topic:243954"]
Two were from my parish! We had a nice reception for them yesterday.

Praise God for these wonderful men!

[/quote]

Ahhh, Field, mind if I ask, would that be St. Sebastian?

[quote="SMOM, post:6, topic:243954"]
Ahhh, Field, mind if I ask, would that be St. Sebastian?

[/quote]

Nevermind, checked your blog. St. A's. Bill and Gary, great guys. You are blessed.

We surely are! I do go to St. Sebastian for 7am Mass some days. Are you at St. Sebastian?

Gary also helps with RCIA at St. A’s and he and his wife have been such a great help to me. His first homily(!) was great. I wish I could have gone to the ordination but I didn’t think I had the day free, and once my plans changed there were no tickets left. Instead I just prayed for all our new deacons at Adoration that night. I did catch most of Bp. Zubik’s homily on WAOB as I was driving to confession, and on my terrible internet connection the only assignment I saw was Bill’s. I admit I did a “WOOHOO!” at that point!

I have been at St. Sebastian for 21 years, but on July 1, the Bishop has decided that I will now be at St. Alexis. I couldn’t be happier.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.