4th Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The three children were unable to be at the Cova on the 13th of August because of a ruse perpetrated by the authorities. You can read about their deceit and how Our Lady came to the children on the 19th of August. See HERE

When Our Lady Appeared, Lucia asked: “What do you want of me?” and Our Lady answered:

Come again to the Cova da Iria on the thirteenth of next month, my child, and continue to say the Rosary every day. In the last month I will perform a miracle so that all may believe.

When Lucia asked for the cure of some sick people, Mary answered:

Some I will cure during the year.
(looking sadly at them) Pray, pray very much. Make sacrifices for sinners. Many souls go to hell, because no one is willing to help them with sacrifice.

Let us remember Our Lady’s request to pray the Rosary and to make sacrifices for sinners. After each decade of the Rosary, let us pray: “O my Jesus, pardon us and save us from the fire of hell, draw all souls to heaven, especially those who are most in need of God’s Mercy.”

I read somewhere that Mary appeared in an apparition but the children disobeyed or something and therefore a second group of children were chosen.

As our Lady said, “my Immaculate Heart will be your refuge, and the way that will lead you to God”.

You may have misunderstood, Nelka. The children did not disobey but were deceived by the Authorities who did not take them to the Cova on the 13th when and where they had intended to meet Our Lady. She understood what happened and appeared to them on the 19th. . You can read about the 4th apparition in more detail HERE I’ve never read anything about a second group of children being chosen. Maybe you need to check that source again.

Mary certainly is our refuge, isn’t she, dear brother Pat,

How grateful I am to the Lord for giving Mary to us as our Mother from His Cross! Those words Jesus said to John truly were meant for all of us: “Behold Your Mother!” When I think of how she is mistreated in our time, it makes me want to love her more, to pray my Rosary with ever greater attention and devotion.

She is our refuge, yet so many turn away or ignore her, how sad! It makes me think of St. Louis de Montfort’s True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary in which he wrote:

…13. My heart has dictated with special joy all that I have written to show that Mary has been unknown up till now, and that that is one of the reasons why Jesus Christ is not known as he should be.

If then, as is certain, the knowledge and the kingdom of Jesus Christ must come into the world, it can only be as a necessary consequence of the knowledge and reign of Mary. She who first gave him to the world will establish his kingdom in the world…

…55. Finally, God in these times wishes his Blessed Mother to be more known, loved and honoured than she has ever been. This will certainly come about if the elect, by the grace and light of the Holy Spirit, adopt the interior and perfect practice of the devotion which I shall later unfold. Then they will clearly see that beautiful Star of the Sea, as much as faith allows. Under her guidance they will perceive the splendours of this Queen and will consecrate themselves entirely to her service as subjects and slaves of love. They will experience her motherly kindness and affection for her children. They will love her tenderly and will appreciate how full of compassion she is and how much they stand in need of her help. In all circumstances they will have recourse to her as their advocate and mediatrix with Jesus Christ. They will see clearly that she is the safest, easiest, shortest and most perfect way of approaching Jesus and will surrender themselves to her, body and soul, without reserve in order to belong entirely to Jesus.

Sometimes I wonder why more do not embrace this beautiful devotion of “Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary” which St. Louis de Montfort describes, but I realize as St. Therese of Lisieux said, “Everything is Grace”. Some do not ask, or seek, or knock on the door, for the grace needed or perhaps ignore the grace when God invites – only God knows. Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in us the Fire of Your Love, sanctify us, renew us that we may bring Christ to others as Mary did.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.