5,000-year-old forest unearthed by storms: Beach washed away to reveal ancient oaks and pines

Rising from the beach in a surreal seascape, the remains of these ancient trees have been revealed by the storms.Thought to date back to the Bronze Age, the shin-high stumps became visible for the first time when the peat which once covered them was washed away in torrential rain and waves pounding the shore.Now they stud the beach near the village of Borth, Ceredigion, Mid Wales – an area already rich in archaeology, opposite the alleged site of Wales’s own take on the lost city of Atlantis.         

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564285/5-000-year-old-forest-unearthed-storms-Beach-washed-away-reveal-ancient-oaks-pines.html?ICO=most_read_module

Surreal landscape. Great area for photography :thumbsup:

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Wow!
It looks like a sci-fi movie…like another planet…too cool.

Wow! I never would have seen this if you hadn’t shared. Thanks.

Very cool. I used to read a lot of Welsh folktales and fairy tales. I remember reading the tales of lowland towns flooded by the sea, with, as the legends claimed, ringing church bells supposedly still audible at times.

Pax Christi!

Way cool.

God bless.

Wow! I can’t wait to show my mum this, she’ll be telling me all the stories of her childhood again :wink: Thanks for sharing!

Wow!

That must be surreal for those who look at that beach everyday and now see that.

Something’s funny here. At least two of those 5,000 year old stumps in the photo are neatly and cleanly cut, not broken off. Time traveling lumberjacks?

Its also going to be interesting if anyone finds artifacts in this area too!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.