"5 Questions About My Abortion"

youtube.com/watch?v=A16lmX4dP0c&feature=g-vrec

Wow.

Wow indeed...

Wow, if you don't want a kid, then DON'T HAVE SEX!!! like foreal :mad:

I don't know why this is so shocking. It pretty much echoes the sentiments of everyone I know that has had an abortion.

Double wow! I felt pity for her.

May God have mercy on her soul. She even admits that she wouldn't do it again. There are times in the video you can see there is some regret in her eyes, even though she acts like there is none. One day she will see the terrible thing she did.

Did anyone else notice that her necklace charm was a coat hanger??

I couldn't watch all of it...

[quote="CountrySteve, post:3, topic:295599"]
Wow, if you don't want a kid, then DON'T HAVE SEX!!! like foreal :mad:

[/quote]

People can do whatever they want, when they are not doing anything wrong or violent to you or others, they are free.

You can avoid having kids when you don't want to and do sex as much as it pleases you.

[quote="BlueEyedLady, post:4, topic:295599"]
I don't know why this is so shocking. It pretty much echoes the sentiments of everyone I know that has had an abortion.

[/quote]

Putting up the tough exterior is probably a defense mechanism to deal with the fact that you have elected to destroy your own child.

I do believe that the majority of women do experience some emotional, psychological and/or spiritual distress at some point in their lives as a result of abortion.

That is a natural outcome of being human, a woman and a mother.

That seemed evidenced by her reluctance to abort if she found out she was pregnant again.

[quote="User124, post:8, topic:295599"]
People can do whatever they want, when they are not doing anything wrong or violent to you or others, they are free.

You can avoid having kids when you don't want to and do sex as much as it pleases you.

[/quote]

umm no offence but do you hear the idiocy of that logic, sex is to create life, and if someone creates life they have the moral obligation to raise their kid, not murder him/her, if I no longer want to live with my sister, should i just kill her? NO i should not. God bless you

[quote="cargau, post:9, topic:295599"]
Putting up the tough exterior is probably a defense mechanism to deal with the fact that you have elected to destroy your own child.

I do believe that the majority of women do experience some emotional, psychological and/or spiritual distress at some point in their lives as a result of abortion.

That seemed evidenced by her reluctance to abort if she found out she was pregnant again.

[/quote]

I disagree. And I think it's wrong to say that people are lying about their emotions. She didn't seem reluctant to abort. She said that she would likely do it again but that it was hard to say because she's in such a different place than she was two years ago.

Studies show that the majority of women do not regret their abortions. I've met many women who have gone through it, some are members of my family (and one in my family already had two kids when she aborted twins, and later went on to have two more kids) and all of them stand by the decision and agree that it was the best thing for them and their families. If I got pregnant right now I would have no issues making the same choice.

[quote="SurlyMermaid, post:1, topic:295599"]
youtube.com/watch?v=A16lmX4dP0c&feature=g-vrec

Wow.

[/quote]

God was with her. . . and He wept.

And, because God is love, He welcomed that little one into His Eternal Home.

Psalm 139
The All-knowing and Ever-present
God

O LORD, you have probed me, you know me:
you know when I sit and stand;
understand my thoughts from afar.
My travels and my rest you mark; with all my ways you are familiar.
Even before a word is on my tongue, LORD, you know it all.
Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is beyond me, far too lofty for me to reach.

Where can I hide from your spirit? From your presence, where can I flee?
If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too.
If I fly with the wings of dawn and alight beyond the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely darkness shall hide me, and night shall be my light" --
Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day. Darkness and light

are but one.

You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew;
my bones were not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days
were shaped, before one came to be.

[quote="User124, post:8, topic:295599"]

[/quote]

Being invisible to the naked eye doe that mean the unborn do not count as others?

[quote="cargau, post:9, topic:295599"]

[/quote]

Totally agree with you.

[quote="triumphguy, post:13, topic:295599"]
Being invisible to the naked eye doe that mean the unborn do not count as others?

[/quote]

You can avoid the unborn to exist and at the same time enjoy sex, without abortion.
There won't be a kid when you don't want to have one.

[quote="BlueEyedLady, post:11, topic:295599"]
I disagree. And I think it's wrong to say that people are lying about their emotions. She didn't seem reluctant to abort. She said that she would likely do it again but that it was hard to say because she's in such a different place than she was two years ago.

Studies show that the majority of women do not regret their abortions. I've met many women who have gone through it, some are members of my family (and one in my family already had two kids when she aborted twins, and later went on to have two more kids) and all of them stand by the decision and agree that it was the best thing for them and their families. If I got pregnant right now I would have no issues making the same choice.

[/quote]

Hmmm.Take a gander at all of the post abortive depression websites. Also,check out Silent No More website. Countless women tesifying to the regret they have over their choice to abort. Abortion is counter intuitive to a womans' nature. We were created to nurture life in our wombs.Not rip it out out:(:(:( I posted the frist part of this response before viewing the video. Having just watched it,all I can say is this young girl is seriously in denial about her feelings. I would like to see her post a similiar vidio,say ten years from now. Pretty sure she will have an altogether different response.

yep

[quote="Jeanne_S, post:16, topic:295599"]
Hmmm.Take a gander at all of the post abortive depression websites. Also,check out Silent No More website. Countless women tesifying to the regret they have over their choice to abort. Abortion is counter intuitive to a womans' nature. We were created to nurture life in our wombs.Not rip it out out:(:(:( I posted the frist part of this response before viewing the video. Having just watched it,all I can say is this young girl is seriously in denial about her feelings. I would like to see her post a similiar vidio,say ten years from now. Pretty sure she will have an altogether different response.

[/quote]

Check out just as many stories and sites from women who are grateful and happy about their abortions. Talk to those women too. Or why do their personal experiences not matter but the ones of women who do regret it do?

[quote="peace2u2, post:12, topic:295599"]
God was with her. . . and He wept.

And, because God is love, He welcomed that little one into His Eternal Home.

Psalm 139
The All-knowing and Ever-present
God

O LORD, you have probed me, you know me:
you know when I sit and stand;
understand my thoughts from afar.
My travels and my rest you mark; with all my ways you are familiar.
Even before a word is on my tongue, LORD, you know it all.
Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is beyond me, far too lofty for me to reach.

Where can I hide from your spirit? From your presence, where can I flee?
If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too.
If I fly with the wings of dawn and alight beyond the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely darkness shall hide me, and night shall be my light" --
Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day. Darkness and light

are but one.

You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew;
my bones were not hidden from you, When I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days
were shaped, before one came to be.

[/quote]

Psalm 137

9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth
thy little ones against the stones.

I'm relieved that it was the "most humane thing for ALL parties involved:"

For a moment there I thought she had killed her own unborn child.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.