Anyone ever hear of the Five-Fold Scapular which consists of five very popular scapulars: the outer scapular: The Red “Passion Scapular”, then the White “Blessed Trinity Scapular”, the Brown “Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Scapular”, the Black “Our Lady of Sorrows Scapular”, and the Blue “The Immaculate Virgin Mary Scapular”?
Those enrolled can receive 433 Plenary Indulgences daily – one of which they can keep for themselves and the remaining 432 can be offered for the poor souls in purgatory (One Plenary Indulgence gets a soul out of Purgatory).
Does anyone know how one can be enrolled? It says that it can be done by any priest with the following prayer …
Blessings and investiture by any Priest.
(Rite now assigned to all priests by the head of various orders.)
V. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
R. Who made heaven and earth.
V. The lord be with you.
R. And also with you.
Lord Jesus Christ, head over all the faithful and savior of the human race, who has condescended to clothe Thyself with our wounded nature, we beg Thee of Thine innumerable goodness to bless + and sanctify these garments, designed in homage to the most Blessed Trinity, as well as in memory of Thy most bitter passion, and in honor of the Virgin Mother of God, under the title of the Immaculate Conception, Our Lady of Sorrows and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
Grant that they who may be invested therewith may deserve, through the intercession of thy Blessed Mother, likewise to clothe themselves in body and soul, with Thee, for salvation, who livest and reignest, world without end. Amen.
(The priest then sprinkles the scapulars with Holy Water) and invests each one individually holding their scapular over them (he may use one scapular for all if they don’t have one) and saying the following once for all in common.
- Receive the habit of the Order of The Most Holy Trinity unto an increase of Faith, Hope, and Charity, that you may put on the new man, created in the likeness of God, in holiness and righteousness.
- Receive the Scapular of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, so that having laid aside the old man and put on the new, you may wear it worthily and come to Life Everlasting.
- Receive the Scapular of the devoted clients of the Blessed Virgin Mary, conceived without sin, that by her intercession you may be cleansed from every defilement and attain Life Everlasting.
- Receive the Scapular of the devoted Servants of Our Lady of the Seven Dolors, so that, through diligent meditation on her sorrows, you may be imbued in heart and body with the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and always remain steadfast in your devotion.
- Receive the habit of the Society and Confraternity of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, beseeching the Most Holy Virgin, that through her merits you may wear it without stain, and be protected by her from all adversity and brought to the joys of Life Everlastng.
By the faculty delegated to me by the Holy See, I receive you as partakers of all the spiritual favors of these Orders and Congregations, as well as the Indulgences granted by privilege of the Holy See to the aforesaid Scapulars. In the name of The Father,+ and of The Son,+ and of The Holy + Spirit. R. Amen
V. Preserve Thy Servants. R. Who trust in Thee, my God.
V. Send them aid, Lord, from on high. And from Sion watch over them.
V. Be Thou unto them a mighty fortress. R. In the face of the enemy.
V. Let the enemy be powerless against them. R. And the son of iniquity do nothing to harm them.
V. O Lord, hear my prayer. R. And let my cry come unto Thee.
V. The Lord be with you. R. And with thy spirit.
Bow down, O lord, to our supplications, and deign to bless+them on whom we have conferred the sacred habits in Thy name. May they cooperate with Thy grace, and thus deserve to attain Life Everlasting. Through Christ our Lord.
May the blessings of Almighty God, + Father, Son, and Holy Spirit come upon you and remain for all time.
(Taken from the roman Ritual Volume II. Nihil Obstat: Stephen Anderi, Censor Librorum. Imprimatur:+Joannes P. Troacy, S.T.D. Episcopus Crossensis 18 June 1950)
… but when I asked my priest to enroll me, he said that he never heard of it and refused to do it. How can I get enrolled?