50% of White Americans Would Vote for Trump If Election Were Held Today

Could the recent rioting be a factor in this?

https://www.newsweek.com/50-white-americans-would-vote-trump-if-election-were-held-today-1523164

Rookie numbers, we gotta pump them up. Law and order is typically a message Republicans do very well on.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on this Maxirad?

3 Likes

No offense, but if this is true, it would be a good thing. If it can be shown that majorities of African-American, Asian, and Latino voters would vote for Trump if the election were to be held today, it would be a good thing as well. President Trump is clearly not the most charitable man in the world. However, so much is at stake right now.

2 Likes

And the other 50% would vote for along with the minorities?

And the poll on the OP?

I was about to ask about that. Minorities and republicans tend to have less alignment.

From https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls

I wonder what percentage of those black, latino, asians in the trump column will change their vote in november.

Are we going to start allocating representation based on race rather ideas? If not why does this matter?

3 Likes

I’ll bet it’s way more than 50%. A lot of people are staying mum for fear of being targeted and persecuted.

2 Likes

Why do you think they want mail-in ballots? That way they have your signature, your name, your address, and who you voted for. Then Antifa and BLM know whom to target. Defend yourself and a DA funded by Soros will arrest you.

This is true. Joe Biden has a red telephone that dials directly to the office of the BLM and Antifa chairman. They document your address and then come around and burn down your small business.

4 Likes

To make it easier for people to vote and to increase turnout. And that is exactly why some Republicans do not want mail-in ballots. But notice that Utah, which is heavily Republican, has used mail-in ballots for years, and is supportive of mail-in voting in a big way. That is why I say “some” Republicans. Clearly not “all” Republicans. Those that are against it are on the wrong side of history.

The state is an important factor in vote-by-mail disposition. Looking at two states:

President Donald Trump on Tuesday reversed his opposition to mail-in voting and encouraged it — at least in one crucial battleground state — after railing against the practice for months amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True,” Trump wrote in a tweet. “Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA

(CNN)The Trump campaign filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the state of Nevada over its plan to send absentee ballots to all active voters this November in a major expansion of mail-in voting in the battleground state.

“The RNC has a vital interest in protecting the ability of Republican voters to cast, and Republican candidates to receive, effective votes in Nevada elections and elsewhere,” the lawsuit, filed by the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee and the Nevada Republican Party, said.

1 Like

Yeah, and the fact that it makes both voter fraud and voter intimidation easy is just a happy coincidence I am sure. Just goes to show that democracy is on the wrong side of history.

Yep, that’s the plan, I’m told. You shouldn’t vote by mail if you plan on voting for Trump or the Antifa will come for you.

Hey, if it is good enough for Florida, it should be good enough everywhere. Trump did not seem to be too concerned about voter fraud in Florida, since he support’s that state’s mail-in voting.

That does not address anything I wrote.

Sure it does. You complained about the potential for fraud. I pointed out that Trump’s position on fraud in mail-in voting is hypocritical, since he applies it unevenly.

I missed the part where I stated that I agreed with President Trump’s position on this issue. Would you mind pointing it out to me?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.