57 Years Mormon

God is a spirit. The Spirit overshadowed her. He caused her NO physical violence. He performed a miracle which is what a Virgin conceiving a child would be. She was still a virgin while she was married to Joseph. The angel told Joseph the child she is carrying is of the Lord… the Jews were waiting for the Messiah… and thus it happened…

Hi, Anon!

Excellent mind set!

Hey, I just noticed that Anon and Jaygunther have the same exact quotes, what is going on? Do I address you as Anon or Jay?

Maran atha!

Angel

Hi, T!

Could you quote the massacre?

Maran atha!

Angel

Again, could you show the comparison of theologies… is there a single passage in Sacred Scriptures that state that out side of Jesus there’s Salvation?

Maran atha!

Angel

Hi, Adam!

…but the professor is a scholar, why would a scholar teach such anti-Catholic propaganda? …oh, wait, that’s why! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maran atha!

Angel

Hi, PO!

…have you thought about what you’ve stated?

…the ones that walk away are found in 6:66… eyrie, ain’t it?

Maran atha!

Angel

Hi!

Could you elaborate on where Sacred Scriptures Teaches against God’s Divinity, and God’s Creation, and God’s Holy Trinity?

Maran atha!

Angel

Excellent conclusion!

Maran atha!

Angel

It’s about a controlled stuff.

They don’t go out and profess ‘join us and you’ll be a god amongst the stars where you will populate worlds and lord over them.’ …just like the scientology thing where you are not stopped on a street corner and asked to sign the 2 billion years contract.

The first lure is the Bible itself: ‘we want to study Scriptures with you.’ Followed by the switch, ‘the Mormon’s book is just as important, isn’t it?’ Followed by the replacement: ‘Mormonism is the truth, you can feel that, right?’

Maran atha!

Angel

It’s the age-old practice of non-Catholics to convert Catholics to their fold.

Maran atha!

Angel

Hi, Viki!

I think that he is being hunted down… do you consider it a coincidence that two “active” Mormons just happened by as he made his declaration of independence?

Maran atha!

Angel

Could you cite that passage of Sacred Scriptures (I don’t consider the book of Mormon Sacred Scriptures) where the Church is restored by man?

Maran atha!

Angel

No!

Protestantism exists because man continues to want to have autonomy; man wants to be the founder and leader of his own universe (oh wait, isn’t that the Mormon’s way: ‘me god, rule the universe?’); so Luther, who was a Catholic Monk, decided that he knew better than the Church and as part of his “correction” of the ills decided that he was the “chosen” by the Holy Spirit to splinter the Union of the Body of Christ.

Noticed how you and protestants protest Christ?

Maran atha!

Angel

Anon, this person is not concerned with answers; he/she already made up his/her mind about God and His Church–it’s control and reconversion that is being sought.

Fear has a funny way of showing up… if guises itself as love and concern for the loss of a loved one–even if it has to break the loved one down!

Maran atha!

Angel

You are so wise my friend; true, you make Scriptures a book of lies; true, you make Jesus a total liar… but you are wise… not even John was given the power of eternal life… not even when Jesus’ Word was misunderstood:

21:22 Jesus answered, ‘If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.’ 21:23 The rumour then went out among the brothers that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus had not said to Peter, ‘He will not die’, but, ‘If I want him to stay behind till I come’. (St. John)

…as for your misunderstanding of Scriptures and God’s Design:

12:27 Now you together are Christ’s body; but each of you is a different part of it. 12:28 In the Church, God has given the first place to apostles, the second to prophets, the third to teachers; after them, miracles, and after them the gift of healing; helpers, good leaders, those with many languages. 12:29 Are all of them apostles, or all of them prophets, or all of them teachers? Do they all have the gift of miracles, (1 Corinthians)

4:11 And to some, his gift was that they should be apostles; to some, prophets; to some, evangelists; to some, pastors and teachers; 4:12 so that the saints together make a unity in the work of service, building up the body of Christ. (Ephesians)

3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; 9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. 10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. (1 Timothy 3)

Does your Bible not have these books in it or are you in the belief that if Christ didn’t say it it’s not from God?

Maran atha!

Angel

Wow, talk about contortionism!

Maran atha!

Angel

No. Because all of Scriptures demonstrate the construct of Mormonism!

Maran atha!

Angel

But, wait, a second, did Anon ask you to follow him here so that you could convert or did you think you could hounding down and Catholics would stay silent as you bludgeon him into capitulation?

Maran atha!

Angel

…and that Truth is Jesus!

Maran atha!

Angel

Anon, that’s because you came in from the fringes of Christian Faith into the Fullness of Christ’s Body; it’s the joy of the Samaritan woman and the town’s people: ‘we Believe!’

Maran atha!

Angel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.